Heiden Tuning

Not connected to them in any way but know very many suppliers, factories and
distributors around the world and we talk often and they tell me who's doing what,
, the market, who is going out of business and minor details. I am retired with nothing
to do and am disabled so this is my interest. Almost 2/3 of motorcycle businesses
have shut down in the last 5 years so the end is near as few will survive. The fact that
the young have no interest in anything but i phones and games means we old guys
( most of us ) are the only ones left to support a once massive industry.

Specific items? The list is long and well documented on this site, but here are some highlights. Lalonde discontinued offering Tour Max carb boots made by the original manufacturer ARS, which are and were in current production: no availability issues there. He replaced them with defective no-name boots made in China and claimed that failure was due to 10% ethanol fuels. That excuse might have been convincing to anyone who'd never held one in hand and noticed that the material in the Chinese boots was as soft as somewhat firm foam. XS Charge alternators: rotors with serious runout and fitment issues. Cam chain guides and hardware: early items were good, later ones show multiple issues, a fast search will turn them up. Gary Hoos has managed to get quality guides made for $30 each, evidently Mike's XS made more selling the defective ones. And then there are the 32 mm. XS Performance carburetors, originally made with Keihin markings, changed when Mike's was called out on the piracy. They're repops of the 28 mm.PWK, punched out because only one atomizer size was offered by Keihin for each venturi size and that was the only way to achieve a mixture that's almost lean enough for 4-stroke use. There are numerous threads documenting the problems on this site, and anyone with an interest will find them with a quick search. I understand that some of the manufacturing defects have been cleaned up, but tuning problems remain. Keihin produces the CR round slide and FCR flat slide pumpers for 4-stroke applications. The PWK was designed as a dedicated 2-stroke carburetor will never perform optimally in 4-stroke use. Again, the only motive was making a buck from guys who didn't know anything more about buying carbs than how to read the price tag and didn't see the need to do their homework--no availability issues in sight.

But a lot of the blame is on buyers who don't look past the price tag. You can't get something for nothing, but it's easy to get nothing for something if you only buy cheap.

I’ve ordered quite a few times from Heiden tuning and I always get great service

Just before Christmas, I ordered 2 sets of exhausts and they were delivered within 4 days

I would recommend them no problem

Ant

Back