Hello from Texas

Snot Rod

XS650 Member
Reaction score
What's up everyone.
Been real busy messin' round with my truck and my wife's car that I just now found out about the Rider site shutting down so I joined up here.

Hope everyone had a good holidays...

Paul

Hey Paul.

Great to have another Texan on board!! College Station here. However, this should have been posted in the lounge and Travis will probably move it there! Have a great day man.

You guys are funny. I've been letting the introductions stay in The Garage since they usually turn into motorcycle discussion anyway. Especially once Crash comes along and asks about any projects you might have going and requests pictures. :laugh:

When in doubt about a thread, I'd rather it go into The Garage and I'll move it into The Lounge if needed, vs the other way around.

Anyway! Welcome to the site Paul! :cheers:

Well, just to be clear, we in the USA welcome Texans, so "Hi!!" from up here in the Pacific Northwest! :thumbsup:

And while I'm here, I just showed my '77"D" and sidecar to a guy who has a HD and is looking for a chair and needed to check out the mounts, since my chair came from a Harley originally. Other than that, I'm suffering from a really bad case of PMS-----that's Parked Motorcycle Syndrome-----:doh:

Welcome to the site!

Hey Snot Rod, I've enjoyed the roads in your area. Especially 79 that runs up NE. A good road for the 650.

First off, thanks to Travis for letting me hang around here.

Bigjimmy - I have a '80 XS that I bought about 5 years ago and I want to either hard tail it or extend the swing arm and drop the seat height. The latter appeals to me because it retains the shocks.

weekendrider, bigjimmy - Yeah, the roads around here are nice. 79 is OK if you want flat open country. If you go west of I-35 you get a lot of hillcountry and twisties. It all depends on what you feel like that particular day....

It's been on and off all day. I think at one point my truck must have had about 3 inches on the hood.
The kids all got out of school at 1:30.
Snow is big news around here....

How'bout you?

Back