Help fill in the gas gap.

Gcraay

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
upload_2017-1-22_20-52-20.png

upload_2017-1-22_20-52-38.png

So I have this triumph tank that's in excellent shape, and I really like it. But, I need ideas filling the gap. It's about 4-5 inches as seen. I will be able to take up some space with the seat, but I don't want a big ass seat just to fill the space. I was thinking maybe a space for the tool pouch, but...I don't know. any help will be appreciated.

This guy has some fun to watch videos. In several of them, he shows how he builds up the front of the seat to conform to the tank. Here's one with an example.

Excellent Video scott s, loads of ideas there!!

Gcraay, any chance of a photo with the seat resting in position? If you drop the seat in then it will be easier to visualise the size and shape needed to fill the space. Your idea of a small tool kit sounds great - perhaps a barrel or half barrel shape wrapped in leather or sprayed to match the tank, or a crescent moon shape where the points go either side of the tank and the curve meets with the seat. But the shape used in Gcraay's video is simplistic and quite smart - Perhaps a bit higher and wider for your tank and the seat would hide the opening to the tool kit.

If you search various shapes with the word "pottery" you will find many 3D ideas from the art world.

If not the whole skull, maybe just the mouth.........
View attachment 93949

Hi resto.
not a replica of the head from the monster in Alien or indeed, nothin' at all that's got teeth in it.
The nuts it chews off in a emergency stop might be yours, eh?
Something resilient and yielding would be far more appropriate, considering where it's located?

Scott that was a great video to watch. Very skilled craftsman, But it killed me to see him use those cheap electrical connectors in the wiring.

Excellent Video scott s, loads of ideas there!!

Gcraay, any chance of a photo with the seat resting in position? If you drop the seat in then it will be easier to visualise the size and shape needed to fill the space. Your idea of a small tool kit sounds great - perhaps a barrel or half barrel shape wrapped in leather or sprayed to match the tank, or a crescent moon shape where the points go either side of the tank and the curve meets with the seat. But the shape used in Gcraay's video is simplistic and quite smart - Perhaps a bit higher and wider for your tank and the seat would hide the opening to the tool kit.

If you search various shapes with the word "pottery" you will find many 3D ideas from the art world.
Sorry no seat made yet, just that white foam.
I think I'm gonna try shaping in a foam mock seat and then I'll post pics.

Hi resto.
not a replica of the head from the monster in Alien or indeed, nothin' at all that's got teeth in it.
The nuts it chews off in a emergency stop might be yours, eh?
Something resilient and yielding would be far more appropriate, considering where it's located?

I'm married, I don't use them anymore.

This guy has some fun to watch videos. In several of them, he shows how he builds up the front of the seat to conform to the tank. Here's one with an example.

Thanks a lot, I like that idea. I would have left the metal exposed and polished as a break between tank and seat. But that looked good.

Back