Wanted - HELP! I need 1/4" NPT petcock fittings

JR Hammer

XS650 enthusiast
Reaction score
Really trying hard to get this bike ready to ride-- It needs a pair of 1/4" NPT petcocks for the paughco mustang tank... I see them online for about $25 and up but want to check here first in case somebody has a set they would be willing to sell

Thanks---:wink2:

Yup. I have a 6 gallon tank so if I run out of gas, it's my own fault. It's also on my incredibly uncomfortable cafe racer, so I rarely ride long enough to worry about it.

Yup. I have a 6 gallon tank so if I run out of gas, it's my own fault. It's also on my incredibly uncomfortable cafe racer, so I rarely ride long enough to worry about it.

I've always wondered, on those big tanks, do you feel the gas sloshing around when it's at half full. I know when I was driving tanker trucks you could feel it even with baffled tanks but then we were hauling thousands of gallons.

Not really - but I don't fill it up all the way because of the sloshing. Honestly my first aluminum tank was better than the one I have now. It had a baffle in it. This one was made by Evan Wilcox, and someone before me paid dearly for it, but there is no baffle and the monza cap is epoxied onto the aluminum vs being threaded onto a bung which is the right way to do it. Happily I horse-traded my way into the tank for $350 so I'm happy enough with it.

DSC04645.jpg

Thank you for hijacking the thread ! LoL J/K

seriously, I have seen the motion-pro petcocks for like $12 or so and was hoping to find something with reserve. I know lowbrow has them for around $30 each. I still want to know if any are here for sale--- just in case. Used is fine as long as they function

cheers!

Last edited:
Back