1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed, please confirm correct bearing to use with cognito moto gsxr fork swap

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by nicmcs, Apr 23, 2016.

1. nicmcs

nicmcs XS650 Enthusiast

Hello everyone,
    Its been many months since i updated my build thread but I've been tipping away with it.

To the point of this thread, I just got my lower gsxr triple back after cognito moto pressed in one of their xs650 stems conversions into it.
    I wanted to test fit it tomorrow but was checking the all balls bearings i got from them and the numbers don't match what the cognito moto website state i should have gotten.

what i got was:
    a 99-3540-5 bearing set and
    a 99-3519-5 bearing set.

Can anyone confirm what part numbers of all balls taper bearings I should have gotten and which goes where, excuse my ignorance..

Thanks for the help lads.

2. buzzword

buzzword XS650 Addict

I used 99-3515-5 top and bottom for my conversion, though I used the stock GSXR steering stem with a Cognito top triple. That's what both the Cognito and All Balls sites say to use, both for stock and the conversion stem.

I would suggest emailing Devin and asking for the correct ones - he's pretty responsive.

The OD on the -3540- will be 1mm too small, and the OD for the -3519- will be 7mm too big.

3. machstang

machstang XS650 Enthusiast

I just got my order and I have 99-3515-5 bearings. You can use these with the stock GSXR stem? If so it looks like I ordered some parts I dont need...

4. machstang

machstang XS650 Enthusiast

I just checked out the cognito site again and found this on the bearings page

---This conversion uses OEM GSX-R stem.

----This conversion requires a longer stem than the OEM GSX-R stem. Please check out our Conversion Stem for GSX-R Fork on XS650

This seems contradictory...

5. nicmcs

nicmcs XS650 Enthusiast

Thanks for the help guys,
    I'll give devin a shout for the new ones..