help oil excessive oil coming out of breather and one head bolt

Bratxschop

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hey guys need a couple of expert opinions here. so i have a 74 xs650, i recently straight piped it and shortly after noticed that there was a very excessive amount of oil coming out of the breather tubes at the top of the motor. enough that it is a fairly constant drip coming out while i ride. It will actually result in a large amount of oil on my tire and a puddle in my rear wheel when i stop riding. i have also noticed a little drip from one of the head bolts. Both leaks started about the same time. :banghead: i would really appreciate any ideas. i have been leaning towards blow by via the valve seals. I dont know if that could cause this problem or not. i havent tested compression as of yet. thanks everyone!

Torque the head. It should be done yearly. The oil level maybe too high. If you keep the oil level at the top line, that's a bit to much. It should be half way between the lines.
The early years they used a higher level and found it lead to excessive oil blowing out the breather. They lowered the oil level and altered the dip stick to show this. I'll post the info.
Leo

Attachments

• scan0001 (558x640).jpg
    scan0001 (558x640).jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 264
Back