help with Boyer...

tekk220

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
im stuck at the installation and dont know how to proceed. wires that are open after removing coils are 1 black ground I believe, 1 red/white stripedwire, and 2 black wires..
so I believe the red/white should be extended to the + on the coil.... the white will be grounded along with the black ground thats already there.
my questions are..
1.. where should the red from the blue box go?
2.. what are the 2 black wires seen on the top of the motor that used to go to the old coils ?

I cant find any videos on a full install. thanks guys

IMG_6920 2.jpg
IMG_6918 2.jpg
IMG_6922.jpg
IMG_6921.JPG

Last edited:
Never done a Boyer, but seems simple enough...
The two braided blacks are from the condenser pack. They're not used... you can just remove the condenser.

Untitledz.png

The red from the box ties into to coil and kill sw. power. Energizes both the box and the coil. That's the red/white wire that originally went to the coils

Untitledz.png

At least, that's how it looks to me.

Hi,

So, the red wire from the blue box should go to the switched side of your ignition switch - ie the side that goes live when you switch the key / switch and goes live to your battery feed. This is where the +ve terminal from the black Gill coil goes to too.

Earth the white wire to the frame or negative on the battery.

The black wire from the blue box must go to the -ve pole on the Gill coil

Regarding your old wires... follow them back and take them out

Installed and I’m happy to this point. I made a bracket but the tank doesn’t fit over it so I have to change some things tomorrow. I have the bike running. It’s not running the smoothest but at least it stays on. I don’t know what happened to my starter but before the advance broke apart while riding it worked... now the starter button doesn’t do anything. The bike also is popping from the left side when I get on the gas. I don’t think the carbs are synced either. But this is the journey
0ADBF40D-830E-4D85-92FC-8D2A35742E0E.jpeg
BB5830FE-6E7D-4797-B6CC-D3343F2C05E6.jpeg

Back