HELP!

gapper

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
:wtf:Help
i installed my PAMCO and was setting my timing when suddenly the advance rod started to come out! i thought that maybe the nut had come lose on the other side. NOPE no such luck, the advance rod broke at the nut! so can i just remove all rod and plug in the wires to the coil and run the bike that way. completly disconnect the pamco wiring?

it was running so sweet to. just glad that it happened in the tshop and not as i was riding down the road!

If you are going back to the TCI type of ignition, then you don't need the advance rod. The TCI has its advance done electronically on the TCI board.

A picture of the broken rod would be interesting to see.

ok got bike running again
damn was worried i was going to have to walk from work home...

here is a pic of the rod

Attachments

• IMG00093-20110716-1321 (2).jpg
    IMG00093-20110716-1321 (2).jpg
    293 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG00094-20110716-1321.jpg
    IMG00094-20110716-1321.jpg
    297.8 KB · Views: 67
So got it running again. Damn was pumped about the pamco.. Oh well
But I did notice one thing, a I did ride it a few miles before I broke. Before when I ran all stock my voltmeter would not go into the green or charging . But when in ran the pamco set up wham it was running into the green as soon as I hit 3000 rpm now my plan was to change to a pma . Just wondering if the tci draws that much power?

TCIs are known to fail in various ways... they are ill behaved and capricious beasts. The short answer is "it's not supposed to"

I'm just not as fond as you guys seem to be of electronic ignitions. I like things i can fix, preferably in some backwater place.

I've 'made do' in enough places to know that I don't want some mattel-toy ignition when I'm 50 miles from next to nowhere.

Back