Help!

devon

XS650 Member
Reaction score
hey guys. I just baught a 79 xs 650 bobber. It ran great when I baught it. I was tinkering with the idle screw or whatever it is on each carb, and now when I start the bike it’s like the throttle is on full blast, and no matter which way I turn the idle screws it still goes full blast and I have to kill the bike. I need some advice if I keep doing this my motor will blow. The bike and motor are completely custom. Each carb has its own idle screw. I’d like to fix this myself instead of taking it to an expensive shop. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated! Please do not reply to this post because I’m not sure how to operate this website. Please email me at [deleted by moderator]
Thanks ahead of time!

Last edited by a moderator:
You posted, so you know how to use the forum, I think you need to keep it here. The group think is a HUGE advantage to YOU.
Pictures really help this process; we need to see/know whatcha got. What carbs is number 1, this will cut out hours or days of no gain back and forth.
At your service.
PS this forum is also optimised for your phone, easy peesy to post pics from the phone.....

I gotta say other than what seems like XS650 specific questions the email reply to a gmail account seems like a scam........

Sorry guys didn’t mean to sound like a scam, I didn’t want to put my cell phone number on here. I’m new and trying to figure out this website. I will snap some pictures of the carbs tomorrow. Thanks again

Devon: If you want to chat with an individual, just start a conversation (usually referred to as a PM or private message). Just go to the upper right hand corner of your screen and hit the InBox option - or simply click on the person’s name and a window will open up.

Your throttle racing issue sounds like a sticking throttle cable. You need to really take care with rooting the cables under the fuel tank.

Pete

Last edited:
Open a email from somebody you don't know and install a keylogger and get all your baby daddy stuff stole.

Hope to see those pics. Nearly all carbs have two "idle or whatever it is" screws, one is for mixture the other controls idle SPEED it varies how much the throttle plate is open. But until we know what carbs you have on there we can't help with pointing out where they are and how they work. And there are several other common XS650 issues that can cause a "racing" idle. We will assume a smart phone, you can open the forum through your web browser find this thread and post pics.

E9D8213A-7D45-4F8F-BD63-F39B9CE4210A.jpeg

Attachments

• 3414DF9A-E8E3-4B8E-80A0-324DDDD1E9F3.jpeg
    3414DF9A-E8E3-4B8E-80A0-324DDDD1E9F3.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 254
Those are pwk 32mm carbs sold by mikesxs. Controversial carb around here, but plenty of threads about them. Good luck.

Well, the first thing I see is that the throttle cable sticking out of the top of the carb has a fairly sharp kink in it. I'd try to smooth out the routing of the cable if I were you devon.

Pete

Back