Help!

First thought and concern is where the coil is mounted. The spark on those Green coils are so strong they can brake down the leads creating shorts and being mounted below the carb..................

I guess there will be no need to paint flames on the bike :)

First thought and concern is where the coil is mounted.
Yeah, that was my first thought. Not a big fan of havin' something that can create fat blue sparks sitting directly under something that can leak fuel all over it. That's almost beggin' for a fire.
There's no clamp on the fuel line going into the carb....
The fuel filter sitting over (or perhaps touching) the top of the head sets up a scenario for a vapor lock.... not to mention it looks rather half assed.
As was previously mentioned, you should re-route the throttle cable to get rid of that serious kink and go from there.
Give us some pics of the whole bike so we can see what we're dealing with here.

Not to be too critical.... but having nuts on your engine mount bolts is kinda' important...

Inked6BB860A2-8589-4626-BCFF-2DB129BB428B_LI.jpg

Devon, I have no idea what your experience level is with bikes... so don't take this the wrong way....
I'd strongly suggest you find someone with lots of experience to give your bike a good look and see what else needs addressing. Even if you have to pay for it.
Missing nuts, clamps, and fire hazards don't exactly give me a warm fuzzy feeling... What else did the guy who built it mess up?

As Jjim says about getting someone to look at it.

Alternatively post a series of pics from different angles, maybe some reasonably close up ones here and there and some of the bike overall. Plenty on here will find problems or maybe some engineering faults.

Not a big fan of Bobbers... but it ain't half bad lookin':)
Get her all sorted out and you'll have a nice ride there.

Alternatively post a series of pics from different angles, maybe some reasonably close up ones here and there and some of the bike overall.
Yeah, I'd like some good closeups of the brakes, steering.... you know, the kinda stuff that can get you killed if it ain't right.

Not a big fan of Bobbers... but it ain't half bad lookin':)
Get her all sorted out and you'll have a nice ride there.
Yeah neither am I haha I’ve had 5 sport bikes, this is my first cruiser. Figured I’d switch it up a bit, but I obviously don’t know much about these types of bikes. I’ll go try to take some better pictures

No top engine mount, not the worst thing but i can't see a rear engine mount fixing point either and if there is no rear engine mount as well as the top it will create problems due to the extra vibration. What that does to the other mounts and frame, is it transfers and adds extra stress on those mounts doing the work, and to other non rubber mounted parts, Tank, Handlebars, numberplate/tailight, rear guard, these will all feel the extra vibration.

Factory XS's have rubber mounted everything and still the rearguard and number-plate crack

I might be wrong about the mount nut. It looks like its there in the last pic.
Right side plug lead need sortin' Looks like the wire's ready to fall out.

Back