Hey all, new fish in the pond

dabears24

NWxs
Reaction score
Well, after a divorce I decided I better find something to do with my time, so I bought a motorcycle! A 79xs650 to be exact. It ran ok stock. The starter always blew a fuse so I just kicked it. Rode it a few times before it got too cold and then started tearing it apart with the intention of hardtailing it. I got as far as I could on my own and then enlisted the help of an old and a new friend. Got a TC hardtail welded on and just kept going from there. The custom fabrication has been a pleasure to watch.
I put a DNA springer and Harley spoked wheels on. 16 & 21. Had to have a custom rear sprocket made. Disk brakes front and rear. 2 into 1 intake with a 36VM roundslide mikuni from Joe Wiseguy. Sporty tank and forward controls from TCbros.
Custom fabbed parts are: Rear fender = widened old BSA front fender, electronics box, handlebars, exhaust, front frame mods, license plate holder and tail light bracket, all mounting tabs etc. My buddy does some damn nice work with his tig.

Now it's torn up again so I can add a PMA. Yeesh!

Watching your video gave me hope, finally, an Xs that leaks more oil than mine!! (j/k of course)

Welcome...

Cool ride, enjoy!!

Posted via Mobile

Watching your video gave me hope, finally, an Xs that leaks more oil than mine!! (j/k of course)

Welcome...

Cool ride, enjoy!!

Posted via Mobile

haha, thanks. That's actually fuel. In the process of troubleshooting when I couldn't kick it over, we detached the fuel line and forgot to hook it back up. Open petcock and bladow...pool of fuel. I'm bright like that. It has a tiny oil leak though, only a couple drops a day.

haha, thanks. That's actually fuel. In the process of troubleshooting when I couldn't kick it over, we detached the fuel line and forgot to hook it back up. Open petcock and bladow...pool of fuel. I'm bright like that. It has a tiny oil leak though, only a couple drops a day.

I set fire to my old Trail 70 that way.

Then the plastic gas tank burned through, and then it was fun.

Back