Hey, new guy here, well, I'm old but new here... :)

Hi Rob,
what kinda Norton, eh?

Hey Fred,
A '73 850 Commando, no glamor shot, we have had crappy weather so I have not rolled it back out of the garage before tearing into it.

It has some issues, weeping gaskets and seals, hardened rubber bits, needs a larger tank and brakes needing master cylinder and caliper rebuilds, new exhaust, clean up a bit of wiring. The owner wants is to be a good clean up and not a full resto. It runs great but I will be dialing in the carburation just a bit.

And while we are on the Lucas topic, I have had great luck with Most of the Lucas equipped machines that I have owned, one being the'73 MGB, E.v.e.r.y thing in that car works, I have owned this MG for sixteen (16) years.

Best,
Rob

sVm4Xy.jpg

Yeah a British car owned by the type of people that bought British cars and thought they could maintain them. :doh: Had 3 Jags and many Nortons back in the day electrics weren't usually the issue. Feeble headlights were the norm but hey nobody had great headlights back then.

When we moved to Windsor from Ottawa (the root of evil in Canada) in 1997, I was delighted to find that my neighbour was, aside from being an R&D engineering executive for the Eaton Corp. (big parts company), an old car guy. He had a 1968 MGB that he was painstakingly piecing back together.

I asked him if he was going to be driving it to work at his office over in Southfield Michigan once he got it running and he laughed and said, “Hell no Pete, I have to get to work every day”.

79' XS650 Standard pics ? View attachment 131456 help me !
Carly is singing in my head !
"Anticipation, its keeping me waaaiting"

Sexy bikes but still not seeing the XS ? View attachment 131491

So did you miss the first post...? :umm:

Hey Machine,
Here is the XS. You can see that it is a bit cosmetically challenged but it has moved to be the next in line.

cGG6HL.jpg

And thanks a butt load for the Carly song... :rolleyes: I'll need to go listen to anything else to shake that...!

Back