hi guys.............look i still haven,t heard from omar or ate others ,,,crap!!!

oldbiker

oldbiker
Reaction score
hi guys i still have not got a reply from omar of any of the other about alloy braces for xs650 with 34mm forks ,,i did think 1 of these would be easy to get and mount on my bike without dramas ,,,,but allas ,,i was wrong crap,,, i can only imagine they give shitty service as well,,, regards oldbiker :(

hey..lifes like that in the bush, catologue service,shitty products and quite often crap products.but hay if it wasnt for the rip off artists who could we chase and bit on the ankle.behave,on the bright side some of these pricks have remamufacued parts we cant get for 40 yr old bikes and its not like going to woolies or somthing

oldbiker, I have had bikes with 35mm forks with a 34mm fork guard, without the stays, on them so im sure they interchange.

There was a thread about this and the thought was the 35mm fork guard mount is different from the 34mm so i measured and took some pics. The 34mm guard mounts are cast into the fork legs and the 35mm seem to be welded on after and the 34mm mounts have more meat around the bolt hole.

Some pics i took.

1; 34mm
2; 34mm, 60mm center to center.
3; 34mm, 80mm outside to outside.
4; 34mm side view shows the cast mark

I have mikes fork brace and it will mount to the 34mm forks but the extra width of the 34mm mounts you may have to shave a bit from the outside of the mount, the brace fits one way but the mount catches when i turn the brace around. Obviously it is an engineering difference on the brace.

5; 35mm, 60mm center to center.
6; 35mm, 75mm outside to outside.
7; 35mm, side view shows no cast mark on the guard mount but it does on the caliper mount

Attachments

• 34mm.jpg
    34mm.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 34mm 60mm Center to center.jpg
    34mm 60mm Center to center.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 34mm 80mm outside to outside.jpg
    34mm 80mm outside to outside.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 34mm side view.jpg
    34mm side view.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 69
  • 35mm 60mm center to center.jpg
    35mm 60mm center to center.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 35mm 75mm ouitside to outside.jpg
    35mm 75mm ouitside to outside.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 35mm side view.jpg
    35mm side view.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 76
oldbiker, I have had bikes with 35mm forks with a 34mm fork guard, without the stays, on them so im sure they interchange.

There was a thread about this and the thought was the 35mm fork guard mount is different from the 34mm so i measured and took some pics. The 34mm guard mounts are cast into the fork legs and the 35mm seem to be welded on after and the 34mm mounts have more meat around the bolt hole.

Some pics i took.

1; 34mm
2; 34mm, 60mm center to center.
3; 34mm, 80mm outside to outside.
4; 34mm side view shows the cast mark

I have mikes fork brace and it will mount to the 34mm forks but the extra width of the 34mm mounts you may have to shave a bit from the outside of the mount, the brace fits one way but the mount catches when i turn the brace around. Obviously it is an engineering difference on the brace.

5; 35mm, 60mm center to center.
6; 35mm, 75mm outside to outside.
7; 35mm, side view shows no cast mark on the guard mount but it does on the caliper mount
.....................hi thanks for that i,ll check it out regards oldbiker

Back