Hmmmm. Winter Project?

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
Remnants of a TC35 New Holland

Missing some major parts on the modo, but if I can get him down to $500, I just might jump on it.

I should be able to sell the rear tires/rims for nearly that. What I'm really interested in is the motor. Probably sell the trans and front diff too.

Power unit?
Killer swamp buggy?
Big-assed generator?
Maybe find a derelict crawler that needs a modo?

Killer swamp buggy?

A moose chaser!
2D0CD112-2701-415F-85FB-A1D0BBC770FC.jpeg

Hah. I've been watching that tractor hulk on CL and he finally came down into my price range. I have an email in to see when it would be convenient for me to go look at it. STILL not sure what I'll do with it (other than part it out...) but it'll be fun to play with for a while.

Bring a roll of 10s and 20s (20s on the outside).

Nothing says “gimme” better than a wad o’dough....

He originally (couple of months ago) had it posted at $900. After a few weeks of crickets, it went to $750. I emailed him and offered $500, he countered with $700, I declined. Yesterday I saw it listed at $500 which I think is a fair price. TIres and rims are worth nearly that. As I said, unless it's a complete con job, I'll pay the $500 I offered.

I know it needs a starter, fuel tank, lift pump and radiator. I figure I can use about any electric pump for a lift pump, I have a usable tank and I'm pretty sure I can lay my hands on a used radiator for cheap or even free. Might need a water pump and fan assembly, maybe an alternator tho I could run it total loss if need be. Gonna spend some time on the 'net checking prices this morning.

Well, not as bad as I feared.

Parts from a "Genuine New Holland Dealer" will make your bag sag, but aftermarket stuff isn't bad at all. Starter and water pump available for under $200 total. Alternator is quite precious, but I suspect an ordinary Delco one-wire would get the job done, just have to fab up a bracket to make it fit. I know a guy...

Dammit. Can't make up my mind. Looking really closely at the pictures raises some serious questions in my mind.

1. All the hoses/belts are gone. Burnt, one assumes.

2. But the tires are still good? Seems illogical. White paint on tires, so rims have been repainted. One tire looks quite soft. Primed rear rims under tractor. Front tires/rims odd too. Automotive tires on freshly painted rims. Thinking original tires burnt off the tractor which means it got REALLY hot. Not good.

3. Motor looks freshly painted, with masking tape over various connections/holes. So, hot enough to burn the paint off the motor? Un-good.

Plus the darn thing is 2+ hours away. Dragging my truck and trailer round trip is a full tank of gas and a day down the tubes. If I get there and find it's a scam (on CL? Perish the thought...) I'm gonna be pissed. If I was smart, I'd walk away now.

A few times I've made the commitment to buy....
then sent a regrets message.
We can't save em all............
Nearly always get an I understand, and thanks for letting me know, message back from seller.
No shows are so common an actual "I'm not going to buy this" message is a breath of fresh air. LOL

Back