Hobbies outside of XS???

Square Circle

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
What other hobbies( if any) do you guys have outside of your xs motorbikes?
For the past 3 years now , every winter my cubscout boys and I make some cool pinewood derby cars together.
We got really lucky to get the "tiger cub" themed car featured on the centerfold of Boys Life magazine this past October issue, My kid was stoked!!!!...
http://boyslife.org/magazine/32630/inside-the-october-2012-issue/

Attachments

• SDC10741.jpg
    SDC10741.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 207
  • SDC10668.jpg
    SDC10668.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 189
  • SDC10698.jpg
    SDC10698.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 196
I quite enjoy music, off-road cycling, walking, bodyboarding, and going to the pub but if I'm not messing around with my bikes I'm usually messing around with this:

014-copy_zps99b95fd3.jpg

Our Volvo 740 rat car!!!

Metal "sculpture" from found items aka Yard Art, flower gardening, shooting, woodworking and subsistence farming, sheep, chickens both meat and egg, and a middlin' large garden.

I recently went full-time being a farrier. I was part-time for quite a while. I usually use keg shoes (pre-made) or aluminum for my clientele. But sometimes I am asked to make hand-made shoes and I was trained to make hand-mades. There are quite a number of competitions around the nation. Basically they test how well you can shoe a horse with hand-mades in a prescribed time. Prizes are pretty good too. I've only done a few to try it, but I'm starting to really enjoy the competition. And they are not easy....at all.
So here is a video of a competition in Vermont. I am not in this video, but I like how the video is produced, so I chose this one. I suggest going to one if you can and most states have a local farrier's association who compete.

Hobbies? oh crap , besides my small Hondas....plastic models....music.....my miniatures business(very slow at the moment)....I like to read, just need days to be about 96 hours long.

That's funny gggGary. I think I use to have hobbies but, I can't really remember them. It's a little foggy pre-650

Well...here goes...Snowboarding, mountaineering, hiking, Downhill mountain biking, firearms shooting and gunsmithing, woodworking, rock climbing, surfing, drums....uh and basically anything that looks fun.

This is my beloved downhill bike. A 2012 Kona Operator.

And a couple of shots from some snowboard competitions. Thats me out in front of the pack.

Attachments

• 2011-10-22_14-35-07_409.jpg
    2011-10-22_14-35-07_409.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 182
  • catamount start.jpg
    catamount start.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 2010 Catamount Pipe 2 Method.jpg
    2010 Catamount Pipe 2 Method.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 166
EVERYTHING is a little foggy
But yeah I wander out of the orbit sometimes....
Cross Country skiing
Rock climbing
Wood heat, I LOVE going into the woods with a chainsaw.
Road Trip Bit of travel with the wife and van.
Gotta ride the horseys with the wife. I'm still nursing aches from my last "get off" 3 months ago.

Motorsicles and bullshitting. I make a little beer now and then too. Then drink it, while bulshitting or fiddlin around with a bike part or two.
I don't actually enjoy it that much, but I consider pressuring my wife for sex as a "pursuit"

Used to race motocross and hare scrambles, had to get out of that but lately I've had an itch to buy a big dualsport and explore.

I also race crapcan cars in the 24 Hours of LeMons, restore old British sports cars, build race car suspension and do engine swaps (currently completely reworking a 1970 Triumph GT6 suspension and steering, it will be powered by a 200 HP Dodge Turbo II engine), drive hillclimbs and do a fair amount of autocross. Love to read and I have a huge collection of movies I'm always adding to, the latest was the 1981 version of 'Heavy Metal'. I also mess around with computers a fair amount.

Dunno if it could be considerd a hobby but I do a lot of home improvement projects.

Motorsicles and bullshitting. I make a little beer now and then too. Then drink it, while bulshitting or fiddlin around with a bike part or two.
I don't actually enjoy it that much, but I consider pressuring my wife for sex as a "pursuit"

You don't enjoy sex that much ?! Perhaps outsourcing is a consideration.

Oh! we were talking about Hobbies! :doh:

About 6 years ago, my wife and I spent all of our time earning our black belts in Goju Ryu karate. That was pretty much all we did 3 to 4 days a week. Then we went to China and adopted our daughter. Since then, all we have time for is Baseball, Soccer, Cross Country, Track and Basketball with our kids. XS is supposed to be my "me time" again! We'll see how that works!

RC trucks and heli's. I love scale, so they all based on real trucks, and most are scratch built or severely modified!

My 1/8th Hilux bobbed bed...

4219407970_62cdd891d8_b.jpg

My series II scratchbuilt Land Rover.......

4169549005_51da6fb51e_b.jpg

3816129848_9accea1f8b_b.jpg

3717998134_2497dce9cf_b.jpg

My favourite so far, my Willy's Jeep made entirely out of biscuit tins!! It bashes up real nice and rusts as well!

6042921789_200cc598f2_b.jpg

6043468598_8f02590266_b.jpg

6043469192_4760807d8e_b.jpg

6813973605_ff6b0ac196_b.jpg

And a video of the build if anyone is interested.....

I only have one heli at the moment, however, I am busy building an AH1-Super cobra for a friend of mine, WIP. It has rotating FLIR, it will have rotating and moving gun, moving pilots, full lights, customised(SEVERELY!!) fuselage with four bladed head and tail. I have been at it since September, and I will probably spand at least another two months on it. Once this is done, I can start on my bike, otherwise I'll never finish it!!!

A quick video rather than loads of pictures......

Back