Homemade and Unique Tools

Every "shop" should have one 'o these while waiting for parts to show up!

Attachments

• DSCF1334.jpg
    DSCF1334.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 438
Well yes, maybe, but I consider a shop computer more useful. As I upgrade and rebuild my main one, the old components get "re-cased" and become shop, garage, and basement computers. I'll get some pics up soon. The shop one was a problem for internet reception. I thought the shop was probably just too far away to get the wireless. Not so, it was a metal building and blocking the signal. Putting the wireless antenna outside of it got internet no problem.

Well yes, maybe, but I consider a shop computer more useful. As I upgrade and rebuild my main one, the old components get "re-cased" and become shop, garage, and basement computers. I'll get some pics up soon. The shop one was a problem for internet reception. I thought the shop was probably just too far away to get the wireless. Not so, it was a metal building and blocking the signal. Putting the wireless antenna outside of it got internet no problem.

My trusty laptop goes with me. I have a 75,000 gal water storage tank 'tween the house and shop. I've got a point to point wireless array in the works too. :thumbsup:

BTW Fully functional (albeit a little rough around the edges) 1979 Williams' Firepower Pinball with relocated (read: hidden) freeplay switch, original keys, spare fuses, and all service documentation (COUGH for free!!!), I had to dig it out of the back of the warehouse, and one stipulation: the PO can stop by and play it whenever he wants.

TwoMany, that's a great little tool you fabed up. I've played with setting the Triumph adjusters the same way but I didn't have an index just a good guess. The last time I checked my SR 500 valves I merely checked that they clicked the same when I rattled them.

Tom

My trusty laptop goes with me. I have a 75,000 gal water storage tank 'tween the house and shop. I've got a point to point wireless array in the works too. :thumbsup:

BTW Fully functional (albeit a little rough around the edges) 1979 Williams' Firepower Pinball with relocated (read: hidden) freeplay switch, original keys, spare fuses, and all service documentation (COUGH for free!!!), I had to dig it out of the back of the warehouse, and one stipulation: the PO can stop by and play it whenever he wants.

what no large screen tv in the shop too?

That would be really nice, but my "shop" is my garage and there's so much crap in there already that there ain't even room for two cats to fornicate. :bike:

That would be really nice, but my "shop" is my garage and there's so much crap in there already that there ain't even room for two cats to fornicate. :bike:

I know what Ya mean It gets crowded in my shop/garage too. I have to push 2 bikes outside to watch my 100" screen. But I have room for cats though. I have put wheels on most every thing in shop so it can be moved easy

Downeaster, Carbon, good guess guys! Thrustmaster stuff, homemade rudder pedals, MS feedback joystick, virtual reality headset, 5.1 surround sound, cyber puck, trackball, buncha more stuff packed away.
Big-time 'bear cave' gamer. 3 lifetimes wasted there...

I'm so high tech!

when the laptop hit the floor I just sawed off most of the lid (the wireless antenna and on off switch live in the stub) and found a $25 monitor. She's still chugging away. Note the even higher tech knee/angle board!

command central.jpg

command central.jpg

This is the remains of laptop #4. I'm a bit hard on equipment. One old laptop hosts the borescope and a couple of deep level vehicle diagnostic dongles. I still don't have a regular in the shop laptop. but there is a perfectly good 17" that might go there today. But would will have to fight thunderbird email file sharing.... groan. Phone is taking over many tasks.

I've made a brilliant little tool every xs650 engine builder needs. I'll post a pic tomorrow when I can take one... but for now, if you can guess what a piece of chip board, 4 or 5 nails and a broken chair leg can do... there might not be a prize... no there won't be a prize but you can definitely make your own for cheaper than you can buy one and quicker than a mail man can bring you one.

Back