Feedback for Hopper

littlebill31

Smells of Raw Fuel
Reaction score
I bought a pair of carbs from Hopper (Dave). Great guy to work with. Great pics of the items, right on with the description, and fair price. Fast shipping too. ++++

I bought a cool old leather jacket from Hopper. It arrived from New York to NC in three days. It was much nicer than I expected and I am very very happy with it.

Thanks again Dave,

Kelly

i could not find the other thread for Hopper but i have to give a HUGE thank you to him.. as a new member (and new to working on bikes) he has been a big help.

I recently purchased control switches for both sides from him and he shipped them fast, well packed, and in perfect condition.

Thank you Hopper... you have made this re-build a little better :thumbsup:

Hopper listed some items and I contacted him first in line telling him I wanted the items. Sent payment a couple hours later thinking they were mine. Next thing I know, he refunds me and says they are sold. Whatever

didn't you take a few hours after getting his email to make payment. with all those people interested he might of thought you jumped ship. It only takes a few seconds to send a payment over once you have their e-mail adress. I've gotten screwed by people saying they want it and then nothing. I just had someone say he waas coming to my house holloween to pick-up frame. he has my no, my adress, my e-mail. said be here around 5....waited till 7. nothing. I know i don't wait for payment. sorry just the nature of the beast (people).

didn't you take a few hours after getting his email to make payment. with all those people interested he might of thought you jumped ship. It only takes a few seconds to send a payment over once you have their e-mail adress. I've gotten screwed by people saying they want it and then nothing. I just had someone say he waas coming to my house holloween to pick-up frame. he has my no, my adress, my e-mail. said be here around 5....waited till 7. nothing. I know i don't wait for payment. sorry just the nature of the beast (people).

yes I took a few hours, but that's not the point. I guess someone's word doesn't mean anything these days. I said I was interested and asked for a price. Apparently he was so excited to sell these items that he couldn't wait a couple hours for me to check my e-mail again. Whatever, its over and I am not going to dwell on it, but it just makes me mad that its all about the money and getting it as soon as possible.

Sounds fair, now the flip side; when someone quotes a price and you think it is too much, or find a better deal elsewhere, do you reply and decline their offer, or just fuggetaboutit?

Not picking on anyone, but it's a common situation, food for thought.

I saw the for sale post shortly after it was posted and considered asking for a price to ship the ignition kit to the UK, but as I am still in the early throws of my build I decided not to bother. Now at that time there were no replys so I assumed both items were available, now to the point :- When I was running my XJR1300 on their forum when you wished to buy a for sale item you sent a PM to the seller but you also put a reply on the post saying "PM sent regarding item(naming part)" and then anyone who reads the post can see immediatly the status and put in a request for a second chance offer if the first deal falls through and it stops these situations occuring as items were sold on a first come first served basis.

Hopper is an opportunist, uses the site to wheel and deal 650 parts and get information about parts for his dealing. Not saying that is bad but maybe he is not to concerned about the ethics of a deal

If you see something for sale in your town, and you call the guy and say you're coming over with money to buy it, unless he says he will hold it for you, you take a risk of somebody else getting over there with the money first.

didn't you take a few hours after getting his email to make payment...

yes I took a few hours...

With every forum I've been on, it is proper to post: "I'll take it" in the for sale thread and PM the seller for payment instructions. Then you just don't wait hours to comply.

Then you don't bad-mouth someone who has done nothing wrong.

Very pleased with the barrels and pistons I bought from him. Great shape, great price, and fast shipping.

resto

Back