Wanted - HORN SUIT '76C MODEL

From what I can see on my bikes (a '76 and an '81) - they horns may look similar but the '81 horn is chromed and it is mounted differently. The '76 horn is black and lay horizontally within the frame while the '81 horn is oriented vertically on a bracket that places it nearby, but slightly ahead of the frame.

Pete

I am sure I have a correct complete "76 horn" in the bins and a very nice vertical chrome one for a special as well.

Hi GW,
if you really want a stock horn's pathetic bleat, by all means get the one that's appropriate to your bike's year.
OTOH, if you need a horn that car drivers can actually hear, buy a Stebel-Nautilus 139dB mini air horn.

I am sure I have a correct complete "76 horn" in the bins and a very nice vertical chrome one for a special as well.
G'ay Gggary,

What do you want for the horn assy from the '76??

I bought aa headlight bucket and ears from you last year.

Cheers,

GW

P.S. would you have a RH 34mm lower fork leg to suit a '76C (the one where the caliper mounts on the rear of the leg??)

I got a Fiamme electric horn that was a bolt-on for about $13.95 CDN. It doesn't look stock, but it also doesn't sound stock - which is good.

When somebody is doing something unwise near my bike, I don't want to go "meep, meep" - I want to go "GET THE FRIG OUT OF MY WAY!!"

.....in the nicest possible way of course.

G'ay Gggary,
What do you want for the horn assy from the '76??
P.S. would you have a RH 34mm lower fork leg to suit a '76C (the one where the caliper mounts on the rear of the leg??)

Was looking in the shed of ill repute the other day for a 76 horn, plenty of horns mostly with the special 90 degree bracket. will look harder for that and a lower next day or two. see what pops up.

I got a Fiamme electric horn that was a bolt-on for about $13.95 CDN. It doesn't look stock, but it also doesn't sound stock - which is good.

When somebody is doing something unwise near my bike, I don't want to go "meep, meep" - I want to go "GET THE FRIG OUT OF MY WAY!!"

.....in the nicest possible way of course.

G'day Pete,

Greetings from down under.

Do you have a model number for your Fiamme horn.

Did it fit nice in front of the tank on that lovely "Brilliant Red" machine of yours, you lucky dawg.

Thanks for your input.

I still hate you for getting that wonderful '76 front fender, LOL.

GW

Hi GW,
if you really want a stock horn's pathetic bleat, by all means get the one that's appropriate to your bike's year.
OTOH, if you need a horn that car drivers can actually hear, buy a Stebel-Nautilus 139dB mini air horn.

G'day Fred,

Had a look at this horn on the web.
Did it fit nice and neat on your machine??

Cheers,

GW

Hi GW: I'm don't know the model number but I went on the Fiamme website and im pretty sure it was a Fiamme model 72112. I mounted it using the stock bolts so it's in the same general vicinity as the stock horn, but it does stick out a bit more under the triple-tree area. Sorry, I don't have a photo and the bike is stored away in a neighbour's garage until civilized weather returns. Note: this is not an air horn - no compressor or hoses at all. It used the stock electrical connectors and works great!

Interestingly, the Fiamme horns are labelled with the musical tone they make. I bought the "F" - low tone model, but there was also one the produces a higher tone - "D", I think. I'll bet combining the two would produce a fairly startling blast of sound (which is what you want when some hipster @sshole is bearing down on you in his highly polished BMW or Bentley Mulsanne).

On the fender...yeah, I guess I was a lucky bastard on that deal (to use Oz terminology) and yesterday I finally got it from GeorgeOC in California via the roundabout route needed to keep the greedy Canadian government out of my pockets. All I can tell you is that the fender and stays are in beautiful shape and along with the nice shiny undented exhaust header pipes I also got from George, they'll sure look great on Lucille (my nickname for the red '76).

Cheers,

Pete

G'day gggGary,

Thanks for that no problem may have got onto one in OZ.

Did you find a horn assy in the refrigerated shed??

G'day Fred,

Had a look at this horn on the web.
Did it fit nice and neat on your machine??

Cheers,

GW
Here's a Fiamm mounted in the stock position on a 77 using stock wiring. As Pete says, easy plug and play.

It's pretty loud, and can be louder if installed with a relay.
IMG_20170201_155233559.jpg

Here's a Fiamm mounted in the stock position on a 77 using stock wiring. As Pete says, easy plug and play.

G'day Dan,
looks like a tight fit but does not look out of place.
Thank you for your response.
I think I will now forget standard toot horn and go for this bugger which hopefully the idiots in the tin tops will hear.

GW

geedubya found 8 horns with brackets out there, EVERY one of them had the "special" 90 degree bracket. Sorry, Guess you know which bikes get parted out, LOL

Back