How did you plumb your multi-port fuel tank?

gemiller

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a steal on ebay, a drag specialties mustang tank for under 100 shipped.

I've been debating about my plumbing options and am curious how others have done it.

At this point I'm leaning toward a petcock in all 3 ports. The 3/8" being the primary line (one of pandemoniums hose style) and the two 1/4 being pet cocked turned off in normal riding and plumbed to a T and then that T plumbed in after the 3/8" NPT petcock. That was it should be able to act as an effective reserve. If the 3/8" upper runs out I can open the two lower 1/4" and they would feed in. The only downfall to this method is the sheer cost of 3 petcocks.

Most of those tanks are like Harley tanks. One port is for a petcock, the other two are for a crossover tube so the gas in the right side can get over to the left side so it can go out the petcock.
Leo

Even on the steep slope of the xs650 frame? It seems to me that with the 3/8" petcock being halfway up the tank it would not be capable of using a large amount of fuel in the tank, or am I over thinking this?

Back