How do you Adjust the Compression Arm on a XS2????

BowlingSS

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
How do you Adjust the Compression Arm on a XS2? Cannot seem to find it anywhere. I should know this. I bet Gary knows.
Thanks.
Bill

Justa fwiw...

When @Mailman was restoring his XS2, I did a little research on the starter. The motor, clutch (bendix) and every gear in the starter drivetrain uses the same part numbers for all years from '72 to '83.... it was unchanged before and after the compression release was added and then deleted. If memory serves, Bob adjusted his so the switch engaged without the compression release actually operating. It worked just fine like that.

Justa fwiw...

When @Mailman was restoring his XS2, I did a little research on the starter. The motor, clutch (bendix) and every gear in the starter drivetrain uses the same part numbers for all years from '72 to '83.... it was unchanged before and after the compression release was added and then deleted. If memory serves, Bob adjusted his so the switch engaged without the compression release actually operating. It worked just fine like that.
Yes, I do the same thing. But the way it is supposed to work is how I said in my previous answer.

Back