How do you know when you've become an Old Fart?

4IFQUyNoVePEJ_RW_lzZNi2-dSMssex2oNwzclbOUZsCSUq-EbRtonSUe94HT0UZvJIjESY1jxVoaydsmtsMr9juNfaQomnfCGFh0YDzR_U6NrWem1TxpVs9fNOPBhfmBFGrdAadr3MubZX_SutU5e41maWslUFWvqkP6a1rQ8u9PvJ723VOozxKq2qzPMFNToB-vFEOyiT6spcwDqJ3FXoNv_6b3MtPH1wM5PEy8PcexWkeivFbewLBTljG21cJBFKshDqTqs6Jr77UPmw=s0-d-e1-ft
That’s about right. My wife is 43 still owes around $30,000. She calls it her “life bill”

Last edited:
...when you remember ads and commercials for Hai Karate and English Leather.
While we're at it, you can tell if you're an old fart if you remember TV commercials (and jingles) for cigarettes.
L.S./M.F.T., I'd rather fight than switch, ...tastes good, like a cigarette should...? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?... :smoke:

...when you remember ads and commercials for Hai Karate and English Leather.
While we're at it, you can tell if you're an old fart if you remember TV commercials (and jingles) for cigarettes.
L.S./M.F.T., I'd rather fight than switch, ...tastes good, like a cigarette should...? Anyone? Bueler? Bueler?... :smoke:

Remember when Winston ciggies were on "The Flintstones? Winston's taste good like a cigarette should! Then there was the 101's. A silly millimeter longer.....[/QUOTE]

Yep , saw that too, looong time ago

Yup, me too. Summer of 1965, I was 14 and would be a Sophomore in High School that fall.. All the girls were swooning over them and I could not for the life of me figure out why. Of course, I was just a country bumpkin and painfully square, so that may have been part of it. I didn't really get into music until the 70's and even then it was just an occasional interest, not an addiction. Knew people that knew the lyrics to every popular R&R song and could yak yer ear off about the various members of the bands, their instruments, their backgrounds etc. ad nauseum. My utter lack of interest got me looks like I'd grown a third eye in the middle of my forehead or something.

mmm.. just ride a bike with racing drop bars and rear sets for the first time in yrs .. your body will tell you your a old fart

Too true Flea!

I have four bikes and the only one I can ride comfortably without modifications is my ‘76 XS650 Standard - “Lucille” :yikes:
  • the Honda ST1300 has bar risers and peg lowering blocks;
  • I had planned clubmans and a neat folding pair of rear-sets for the cafe bike - but it will get flat or euro bars and the stock pegs, I think;
  • the Suzuki SV650 is simply too cramped with present knee status so I’ll likely have to make a set of peg-lowering blocks for it.
Pete

Last edited:
mmm.. just ride a bike with racing drop bars and rear sets for the first time in yrs .. your body will tell you your a old fart
Some years back, I got a '92 Seca II that needed to be reassembled. It was built like it had café bars and rearsets from the factory. It took a while for my then 50+ y.o. body to get used to it, but it was a fun and fast bike for a 4 cylinder 600.

yep know the feeling , just got a kaw zxr250 2000 model , race replica ,4 cyd inline , revs out to 19000 rpm ,love it but fk it hurts , already planning to raise the bars by 1 inch and longer bars for leverage , looking at foot peg extenders as well just have to work out how to exstend the gear lever to suit , but as is is still definitely worth the pain , funny when pull up on it , get all these looks that turn strange when I pull off the helmet and they see a 68 yr old bloke and not some boy racer … does this mean iv reached my 2nd childhood stage .. ps.. makes my xs650 more comfy when I hop on it

Back