How do you know when you've become an Old Fart?

another sure way to tell if your an old fart is that in your Underwear drawer there is no pares of underwear in there that aren't stained....<grin>
Bob......

Hi Bob,
what? You put used underwear away uncleaned?
Dunno about you but we got a gadget for fixing the soiled shorts problem.
Toss in the stained garments and a capful of Tide, push a button and they get cleaned like magic.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" Arthur C Clark said that.

what? You put used underwear away uncleaned?
Dunno about you but we got a gadget for fixing the soiled shorts problem.
Fred,
Butt stains have a particular indelibility...;)
Being a single guy, I have for many decades worn black, rather than white shorts, to avert the possible embarrassment when "staying at her place".

---
BTW, is it no wonder that very few women are website members...:laugh2:..?

If it'll take out grass stains it'll take out ass stains, eh?
I sense that Mr. Clean is back in the house ;)

mr_clean_then-and-now1.jpg

LOL I guess I'll try TIDE detergent.... the stuff we have been using don't work that good those "skid marks" are stubborn stains !
Yamadude ! did you get that RD350 Yamaha street legal yet ? should be allot of fun !
My XS650 is just setting there with the seat and battery in the shop.... been looking for a "Parts bike" to get that sound out'a there
no fun riding it when your on edge because of the Wrrrrrr it makes ! so I haven't rode it all summer ! Bummer deal dude !
Bob.........

LOL I guess I'll try TIDE detergent.... the stuff we have been using don't work that good those "skid marks" are stubborn stains !
Yamadude ! did you get that RD350 Yamaha street legal yet ? should be allot of fun !
My XS650 is just setting there with the seat and battery in the shop.... been looking for a "Parts bike" to get that sound out'a there
no fun riding it when your on edge because of the Wrrrrrr it makes ! so I haven't rode it all summer ! Bummer deal dude !
Bob.........
Bob, I welcome your inquiries. I'm sending you a private message.......

I wish you lived in my area. I have a spare XS650 which I'd offer you to get yours up and running.
You have the sort of XS spirit that keeps this website alive.

Jeff

Hi all:

I have followed this thread since it began and it has provided me with a he!! of a lot of mirth (and a few stained shirts - thanks to that dastardly jokester from Maine - DOWNEASTER!!! :wtf:) - but all seriousness aside, I do have a couple of remarks I’d like to contribute, in view of the fact that the average denizen of XS650.com:
  • is male (are there ANY representatives of the distaff side here? I mean - even one?)
  • is perhaps a bit....shall we say....less junior (all of the jokes about deteriorating bodily functions confirm that);
  • possesses a pretty well-developed sense of humour.
So - my key comments are:
- we are fortunate to be still able to wrench and ride motorcycles (to whatever extent each of us can), and
- we are extraordinarily fortunate to have this worldwide community of gentlemen who share our passion, tolerate our faults, quirks and foibles, gives each of us a laugh or a tear each day.

I truly believe that the assets noted above helps to keep each of us a little more sane (self - not included), happy, healthy, positive and active. Sadly, many men “our age” do not have those assets in their lives.

I know that our recently departed friend WER valued the XS650 community this way and I have met and spoken to men from other parts of Canada, several US states, Australia, NZ, the UK and several EU countries who share that view as well. We advise and encourage each other, sell or even gift (and subsequently smuggle) parts to each other, celebrate each other’s victories, tease each other and occasionally, give one another a kick in the @ss.

To a certain extent, as motorcycling is becoming a less commonly pursued pastime, this online forum has replaced the old fashioned “biker gang” with which so many of us started riding and grew up. I am very fortunate to have two XS650 riding buddies living within easy riding distance of me - and I sure hope that the rest of you do too. However, if you don’t, you’ve got XS650.com to lean on (thanks Travis and Moderators - whomever you are).

For all of the above, I thank each and every one of you.

....you mob of grungy old b@stards!
:jk:

...and to the younger folks among us - I’d suggest that you contribute, but also listen and learn...and remember that you too will become a grungy old b@stard someday!

Now...where the f@ck are my reading glasses?

Pete

Last edited:
Atta Boy Pete! You tell em! I have owned a lot of different marquis and joined a lot of different forums that support them. I’ve even joined forums for bikes that I didn’t own but was just considering it ( including Zero motorcycles)
The only forum that came close to this for activity was the Stromtroopers for V-Strom owners, but there was never the personal connection that this forum has. This is just such a great community.
And the Yamaha XS650 is just such a great classic, suitable for all skill levels, and plus 1 on Travis and our merry band of moderators who selflessly give their time to keep this forum the great site that it is.

So - my key comments are:
- we are fortunate to be still able to wrench and ride motorcycles (to whatever extent each of us can), and
- we are extraordinarily fortunate to have this worldwide community of gentlemen who share our passion, tolerate our faults, quirks and foibles, gives each of us a laugh or a tear each day.

I truly believe that the assets noted above helps to keep each of us a little more sane (self - not included), happy, healthy, positive and active. Sadly, many men “our age” do not have those assets in their lives.

Now...where the f@ck are my reading glasses?

Pete

The're on your head Pete ! :D

so true Pete...every word.
For me now ...its waking up each day and being able to get out of bed and walk around without something hurting.......

I first realised I was officially an old fart the day that I was installing some Audio Visual interactives in a Toy Museum back in 2005 and realised that all the toys exhibited in the display cases were the exact same toys that I played with as a kid back in the early 50s . :eek:

I became old that day.

Back