how to install throttle cable

slackjaw44

greasy summmbitch
Reaction score
I have a lowbrow custom throttle grips, gran turismo i think, with Mike's xs Throttle cable, I'm trying to figure out how the cable attaches to the throttle assembly. Can anyone point me in the right direction? any pics? thanks ahead of time guys

Stock throttle housing? If so there is a hole in the bottom. The cable end with the curved metal elbow goes into this the cable end fits in a pulley with the cable laying in the groove.
Attach the elbow with clip secured with the off set phillps screw.
On the other end you should have a bracket that holds the cable sheath with the ball going to throttle linkage.

Take the barrel adjuster off the throttle and run the cable through the barrel adjuster and into the throttle housing. Once you have the cable through the housing attach the cable end to the throttle sleeve. I actually had get rid of the barrel adjuster all together for mine to work properly. I just pushed the cable housing into the throttle where the barrel adjuster originally went.
I actually may have to cut my cable housing and solder on a new end because I don't really have alot of slack in my cable. You may have to do the same.
http://www.chopcult.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434
There's a link to making custom throttle cables. For some reason chopcult is down right now. You may have to check it out later.

Back