How to interpret sales pitch for motorcycle accessories.

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
We've all been there: Looking for after-market accessories for our bike and wading through the advertising hype trying to discern if the item is what we're looking for, will work with our bike and is reasonably worth the asking price.

What we need is an "Advertising Bullshit to English Translator". There's plenty of experience here to compile a useful list that may help some of our newer members. I'll start:

"Universal Fit" - Doesn't fit anything quite right, but might with a little modification. The only thing you can REALLY count on is that the required modification(s) will render it non-returnable, so be darn sure you can make it work before breaking out the tools.

Please refer to the size chart”

There by guaranteeing that any pair of Large sized gloves you buy online, will be a perfect fit, if you’re a 12 year old girl. :mad:

And..”All returns must be pre authorized and assigned a return number”. Except they won’t answer the phone or their emails and you never were able to exchange them , so now they’re trash.

I would never throw a retailer under the bus, so I would never say anything like DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM LEATHER UP ONLINE, BECAUSE THEIR PRODUCTS ARE CRAP AND THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY.
You know....hypothetically speaking. :D

We've all been there: Looking for after-market accessories for our bike and wading through the advertising hype trying to discern if the item is what we're looking for, will work with our bike and is reasonably worth the asking price.

What we need is an "Advertising Bullshit to English Translator". There's plenty of experience here to compile a useful list that may help some of our newer members. I'll start:

"Universal Fit" - Doesn't fit anything quite right, but might with a little modification. The only thing you can REALLY count on is that the required modification(s) will render it non-returnable, so be darn sure you can make it work before breaking out the tools.

always count on you and others on here to cheer me up and make me larf Downeaster ...glad you stuck around bud :)

I would never throw a retailer under the bus, so I would never say anything like DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM LEATHER UP ONLINE, BECAUSE THEIR PRODUCTS ARE CRAP AND THEY STEAL YOUR MONEY.
You know....hypothetically speaking. :D

I'm glad to see you're maintaining your high ethical standards. Proud of ya! :whistle:

The P/O messed it up..

I messed it up because I am an impulsive no-talent moron - but I like to blame my foul-ups on other people because I’m a weasel. Don’t believe anything my advert says.

Needs nothing for the safety inspection...

Get your wallet out sucker, this is gonna hurt.

LaysPotatoChips.jpg

Back