1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Facebook people... We've created a group for XS650.com members to connect. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice

How will you decide when it's time?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GLJ, Jul 13, 2019.

1. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Geeezzz guys - lets have another beer and forget all about this. What a downer.

DE - I’ll betcha Allison would have loved that ride in the ‘car.

2. halfmile

halfmile XS Builder XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

kansas
    When the time comes I`ve always got my trailer decal to fall back on.:thumbsup:
    trailer decal 001.JPG

peanut, Jim, JAX71224 and 4 others like this.
  3. MrBultaco

MrBultaco it ran before being parked Top Contributor

Colorado
    I've sure gotten old!
    I've had two bypass surgeries, a hip replacement, new knees, fought
    prostate cancer and diabetes. I'm half blind, can't hear anything
    quieter than a jet engine, take 40 different medications that
    make me dizzy, winded, and subject to
    blackouts. Have bouts with dementia.
    Have poor circulation; hardly feel my hands and feet anymore. Can't
    remember if I'm 85 or 92. Have lost all my friends.
    But, thank God, I still have my driver's license.

kshansen, peanut, Jim and 6 others like this.
  4. kshansen

kshansen XS650 Junkie Top Contributor

Remind me to never go to Colorado unless I can borrow a Abrams tank!

5. MaxPete

MaxPete Lucille, Betty & Demi - I suggest but THEY decide. XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Keep on truckin’ Mr. B!

Jim and gggGary like this.
  6. Downeaster

Downeaster Everything in XS Top Contributor

7. ThatXS650Guy

ThatXS650Guy More Sparky than Speed Racer XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Yikes, I'll be there next week.

peanut and MaxPete like this.
  8. MrBultaco

Colorado
    Don't worry kshansen and 650 guy, he has twins living in Wichita and Atlanta...and prolly everywhere else in the US.;)

DE: that's a great pic. Dog really do know how to lean while riding in vehicles.

9. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

I agree with Pete: Ya gotta "think through" the aging process, like the karate chop.

upload_2019-7-20_21-19-51.jpeg

It we focus on it, aging will only fulfill itself in our lives, and we will injure our hand, if ya know what I'm getting at.

For me, I get up each day with a very narrow focus; planning the next bike ride. Little else.

I'll be cruising the Catskill mountains this coming Wednesday.

75.040.small.500k.jpg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  10. MaxPete

...as I’ve said before, the boys didn’t stop playin’ cause they got old, they got old cause they stopped playin’....

On the matter of when I stop doing something, I think it is a state of mind thing and so as long as I am able, I will decide.

Over the course of my life, I have tried to follow the wisdom of Winston Churchill who, on the matter of giving in or giving up, said....

BC867DDB-A347-4E55-B40E-4A13A5862FBB.jpeg

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  11. FLEA

FLEA XS650 Junkie

well he didn't do so good at Gallipoli did he , that's one he should have given up earlier due to the overwhelming force of the turks .. etc etc , that's one of his balls ups

12. YamadudeXS650C

YamadudeXS650C Central New York XS650 XS650.com Supporter Top Contributor

Whaa??
    On a saturday evening, we're parsing Churchill???..;)
    Me, I'm tuning in to the Indycar race from Iowa.....its about to start after a big storm hit the track....

....and having another cold beer.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    peanut, TwoManyXS1Bs, Mailman and 3 others like this.
  13. MrBultaco

Colorado
  14. kshansen

Reminds me a a dog we had a few years back. She loved to ride in the truck with me but at times had problems if I turned too fast. So I finally got in the habit of warning her "Left Turn", "Right Turn" and she did much better after that!

nhsteve, peanut, MaxPete and 5 others like this.
  15. xjwmx

xjwmx It's just the unknown. Top Contributor

U.S.A.
    The main reason for the evaporation of the caste system in Britain after WWI was upper class officers sending sending the lower classes needlessly to their doom. In civilian life, the upper class was accustomed to making demands of the lower, with the lower obeying for their livelihood.

gggGary and FLEA like this.
  16. kshansen

That might be one of the reasons my mom's dad decided to move his family to the States back before WWI, but then once that got started he took a train to Toronto and enlisted in the Canadian army. He did manage to make it back home but as I understand his health was not the best after that and only lived to some time in his fifties. One of the people I truly regret not having the honor to have met.

17. GLJ

GLJ Never go faster than your guardian angle can fly. Top Contributor

87 years old and trying to go 200 mph.
    To think I'm only 62 and get nervous going past 70.

peanut, MaxPete, Wordman and 5 others like this.
  18. 59Tebo

59Tebo 59Tebo Top Contributor

Carpal tunnels fixed, knee replaced, 6 year cancer survivor, aortic valve replaced (and a by-pass)... as long as they can fix what's wrong with me (physically), like the main character in "Yellowbeard" said, "...you won't catch me dying all over the place! You'll have to kill me before I die!..." As long as I'm still on this side of the grass... :rock:

TwoManyXS1Bs, peanut, MaxPete and 4 others like this.
  19. MaxPete

I remember watching Big Daddy race on the Wide World of Sports show on, I think, ABC, on Sunday afternoons.

59Tebo and Jim like this.
  20. JAX71224

JAX71224 jax71224

The Don Garlits drag race museum is a great place to spend an afternoon, just off the highway at Ocala Florida! I went about 7 years ago and took my grandson.......

MaxPete, gggGary and 59Tebo like this.