Howdy

Team Junk

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Jack. I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I've been lurking here for several years. I'm in the process of rebuilding my 1974 TXA that I bought in 1975 from House of Wheels in Houston. Trying to come to grips with the idea that “ole Brown” is 45 years old.

I would like to thank all the members of the group that have posted the technical info that has been invaluable in putting it back together.

Hello, my name is Jack. I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I've been lurking here for several years. I'm in the process of rebuilding my 1974 TXA that I bought in 1975 from House of Wheels in Houston. Trying to come to grips with the idea that “ole Brown” is 45 years old.

I would like to thank all the members of the group that have posted the technical info that has been invaluable in putting it back together.

Hi Jack, welcome to the forum. So you’ve owned that bike for 44 years! That’s impressive! You should really start your own build thread, that way we can all follow along with your progress, and let me be the first to say it......we all love photos! So post em up!
Bob

Last edited:
Greetings and welcome Jack! Pics. We love pics. 45 yrs with one bike? WOW.

Frankenbike
Xj700
front forks wheel and brakes.

1978 special
tank
carbs
rear wheel and disc
swingarm

Attachments

• IMGP1301.jpg
    IMGP1301.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 132
  • IMGP1298.jpg
    IMGP1298.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 101
something like this minus the monster truck tires. Right now I'm just trying to get it on the road.
finishing up the wiring right now. Carb slide diaphragms and gaskets on way . Working out seat mounting, rear master cylinder mounting, painting tank and fenders (Toyota Tundra smoked Mesquite, closest I can find to stock TXA color) install tires )

Attachments

• xs650-yamaha-custom-2.jpg
    xs650-yamaha-custom-2.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 124
Never been accused of being politically correct . My road was an indian trail.

Yes I have dreams of track day at MSR in Angleton .Just don't think I can squeeze into my leathers.

I picture it as a white concrete building with large plate glass windows I bought a pair of gloves there when I was up on North Shepherd looking for car parts. I don't have fond memories of Hondas from then. Had a terrifying ride around 610 over the Ship Channel bridge on a buddy’s CB350 that I thought I was going to die on. Growing up I bought all my mini bike and go kart parts from Hurst Supply over on Bingle so I was a 2 stroker from an early age. Remember Kevin Schwantz running around the dealership when he was a young kid .

Love your XS. My best friend in Houston still rides his XS2. I live down the road from you on 16 south of Kerrville.

Welcome Jack - from Canada’s sunny southern coast in Windsor, Ontario!

Your ownership of old brown for 44 years is really cool! Not too many folks on the forum have owned their XS from new - well done!

Pete

Yup, hill country roads, paved-over Indian and deer trails..
I-75 circa 1760.
DSCI0631.JPG

This is a very busy 4-lane near here circa 1920. In the exact same place (along a river to the right, hill to the left was cut away to make paved 2-lane which I remember and decades later cut more to make 4-lane).

NarrowsRoad.JPG

Last edited:
Back