Hub question

Bought this hub from a guy claiming it was an XS650 36Spoke front hub, Had the spacer/Speedo and axle........

When i was polishing it, it felt different to when i had polished one some time before...........keep nagging at me but i keep dismissing the thought untill.........

.I didn't know what it was and asked around..........no luck....After a bit of research i come to the conclusion it was from an XS360...........Still no exact proof......

Here is a comparison of the hub to an XS650/XS750, (same hub), hub.........

What i found was,

1; the axle and spacers will swap into an XS650 hub...........

2; The, (Ill call it), XS360 hub is 7mm narrower, (with spacer/speedo drive in place), overall than the XS650 hub........
Copyright Clipboard.jpg

3; Rotor face on the XS360 hub to the outside of the spacer is exactly the same distance as the XS650 hub
Copyright Clipboard ,,,.jpg

4; XS360 Flange is narrower than the XS650.............
Copyright Clipboard ,,.jpg

XS360 hub can be used but there would have to be 3, 3.5 mm spacers added to it to center it in the forks and pack out the rotor. ......
1; 3.5 mm spacer added to the back of the rotor to pack it out to line up with the caliper............
2; 3.5 mm spacer added to hub spacer to center the hub in the forks........
3; 3.5 mm spacer added to the Speedo drive, to center the hub in the forks...........

There may be small differences when fitting... 7mm is not set in stone ...the spacer behind the rotor will have to be shop fitted to match the caliper......

NOTE:.......make sure to ask the seller to confirm the axle hole diameter and the bearing hole diameter on the hub before buying...........this will help to confirm what i have posted will match the hub on Fleecebay

Last edited:
Yeah it's not worth the hassle, stay away. Not to mention a narrow spoke "triangle" doesn't help wheel stability. (gut feeling)

Back