Hurricane resurrection

Blank, signed and taped to the seat. I'll take the bike to Mailman with the check. In 6 to 9 months it will be ready for you to pick up. Win, win and loose. Mailman wins, he gets another classic to restore at no cost to him. You win, you get a great bike back plus you get to follow along on his thread. I loose the gas money to make it happen.:smoke:
Sounds like a plan. Plus it will leave you with more time for riding this summer. Too hot to ride where Mailman lives so he will have something to do.

Hey I like that idea! A no expense spared resto on somebody else’s dime! :thumbsup:

Blank, signed and taped to the seat. I'll take the bike to Mailman with the check. In 6 to 9 months it will be ready for you to pick up. Win, win and loose. Mailman wins, he gets another classic to restore at no cost to him. You win, you get a great bike back plus you get to follow along on his thread. I loose the gas money to make it happen.:smoke:
Sounds like a plan. Plus it will leave you with more time for riding this summer. Too hot to ride where Mailman lives so he will have something to do.
I like the way you think! Mailman you in?

You are mean Marty. Those 3 pipes have a sweet sound all there own. I've had my X-75 under wraps since spring. Out of sight out of mind. Hearing that one run makes it harder to ignore it.
upload_2020-8-22_16-4-45.png

Funny thing is last week I priced what I hope will be the last major purchases for it. New carbs, exhaust and ignition. Notice I said major, I'm sure there will be a lot of other details to get.
I've got an idea! If you donate a $100 to the cause I'll let you ride it for 20 minuets.:smoke: There would be a governor installed on it. For fifty you could sit on it and go varoom!:laughing:
The guy is right the bike does look female.
upload_2020-8-22_16-17-0.png

Found time to open the box. Parts I ordered last Sunday from the UK. Arrived today. Amazing!
New electronic ignition. Went with Boyer because I've been happy with the Boyer I've been running on my XS2. Blue box and current coils.
New carbs. From what I've read the new Premiers are much better than the originals my bike came with. They fixed some problems with them and they are ethanol/gasohol compatible.
Complete new exhaust. What can I say I like shiny with no dents or rust.
With the new carbs and ignition I'm hoping it will start better than it did 30 or so years ago.
upload_2020-9-24_18-53-30.png

Looks like Christmas came early!
Christmas over and done with now.
Not ready to start working on it again. Still some riding season left. When's there frost on the pumpkin time to start Triumph wrenching.

What size Amal’s are those?
Damn Mailman. What a question to ask! They are the ones listed for my bike. Looked at one and my originals and they are the same size. Throat measured 27MM on both. 27 sounds like a odd size. Are you trying to give me a heart attack.

Damn Mailman. What a question to ask! They are the ones listed for my bike. Looked at one and my originals and they are the same size. Throat measured 27MM on both. 27 sounds like a odd size. Are you trying to give me a heart attack.

Hi GLJ,
my twentyfive point fournicator sez 27mm = 1-1/16" and that ain't odd at all on a Britbike.

Back