Hydraulic Clutch Conversion - Any Interest?

Add one more to your list for a hydraulic clutch unit Hugh. Can't wait to see what you come up with this time! Hope it will be a right side unit also.

Will be in touch soon for a PMA setup as well. Blue

Last edited:
It's been over a month since the last post time for a little bump. I know you must be buisy with the move but any progress.

I know the way presented in this post is more noble but.... look at the Magura (Honda CR250 kit) I intalled on my Norton Commando.... took all of 10 minutes and reversible!:

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

I used one kit like this (check with the vendor to see the size of the cable):
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Magu...rcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fca7e430

To help with adjustements I used a cable adjuster.
Works perfectly to 5 years... Philippe

I've looked into the Magura kits, and they are nice, but pricey new... I think I can beat that :)

With the new shop, comes more space for testing and such, so the Hydraulic Conversion has been dragged out of the dust and put back on the bench for a bit more fine tuning...

Hugh

I snagged a complete Magura set-up from eBay for $75, took about 30 minutes to machine the sidecover and have it working. Smoooooooooth.

I snagged a complete Magura set-up from eBay for $75, took about 30 minutes to machine the sidecover and have it working. Smoooooooooth.
You CANNOT say that without a pic. We can't see it, it didn't happen!

Yours looks good, I don't see how the one pmurat posted would work. It would stick out in the way. What was yours intended for?

John

Mine came off a KTM dirt bike. Just had to grind the LH case flat, drill and tap mount holes, put the lever/master cyclinder on the handle bar, cut a proper length clutch push rod and away you go.

2 beer job.

...cut a proper length clutch push rod and away you go.

This could potentially be my next (major for me) project/upgrade, but I'm a bit nervous about the side cover machining, accurate placement of the slave, and especially getting a proper length rod (I have a '73 with one rod). I'll be watching closely to see what Hugh offers. For the money he was talking, if the f*ck up factor is low, I'd do it.

TC

Yours looks good, I don't see how the one pmurat posted would work. It would stick out in the way. What was yours intended for?

John

Well...if you look at the ebay item, you will see the slave master cylinder is pulling a little piece of cable which attach to the clutch pulling system where the normal cable attaches.
Philippe

I looked at some of them with better pics, and understand now. How does the travel and pull effort compare to a (good) stock cable set-up?

Thanks, Phillipe.:)

John

On a....problematic clutch as the Commando it is great: no more cold/warm difference, no more dragging or slipping...
Philippe

Back