Hydraulic Clutch Conversion

Crisp Bee

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hi, my XS was imported to the UK from the US and has been converted to hydraulic clutch. Can anyone identify the below slave cylinder? I desperately need to find a replacement seal.

Many thanks...….
upload_2018-7-27_9-23-31.png

Hmmmm...I can’t help identifying the part, but in my experience, virtually every vehicle part has the part number somewhere on it. Id suggest that you clean the thing very carefully and look for tiny letters and numbers.

Thanks MaxPete, appreciated. Nothing on the cylinder or piston apart from this embossed (brand) mark?
upload_2018-7-27_14-10-19.png

Seems to be an incomplete circumference of a circle with a diameter line through the middle. I did wonder if it could be Suzuki (as they use 2 hole mounts), but this mark is a stretch away from the S used by them...… Then I thought CZ, but they wouldn't have been in the US(?) and I doubt they ever used hydraulic clutches!
upload_2018-7-27_14-10-50.png

Bingo! It looks like it is Kawasaki, but probably the ZXR 1100 slave. I'm checking out the dims for that part and will post out the results. Thanks for putting me in the right direction Ratranger…...
Scrub that (KXR), that's a 3 hole mount - still searching - though close;0)

Further...… The zxr7 and likewise are 34mm slave pistons and the one I have is 33mm. Also, I've seen a Honda slave cylinder (see pic) with exactly the same embossed brand mark on it - so I'm guessing it is a Japanese component manufacturer that supplied parts to more than one brand(?). If so, that'll make it even harder to track down. The image attached is from an add for a Honda VT1100 Shadow clutch slave. The manufacturer's mark is identical to that on mine! Mine probably had a part number and I assumed that it has been polished down to nothing.... Of course the mark could mean that the Honda slave shown is an OEM part and not what would have been on the original Honda!! Arghhhh - this is hard.

Attachments

• honda slave crop1.jpg
    honda slave crop1.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 256
Back