Hydraulic clutch mod trouble

zoomoto

Blinker fluid low
Reaction score
hey guys!

Just did the “Hugh’s handbuilt” pitbike hydraulic clutch mod.

Has anyone had an issue with the slave cylinder returning to full extension after releasing the lever?

Any thoughts would help a lot. Thanks!

Attachments

• 04A86973-7F32-4A19-BD2B-7980BAF4AE51.jpeg
    04A86973-7F32-4A19-BD2B-7980BAF4AE51.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 223
Glad to hear you fixed the problem..................Any chance you care to tell us........

The thread is tagged so someone will find this thread and finishing it will help them

Last edited:
Glad to hear you fixed the problem..................Any chance you care to tell us........

The thread is tagged so someone will find this thread and finishing it will help them
Well I thought i fixed it. I got the system to function properly by adjusting the distance between the worm gear arm and threaded hole in the casing.

The issue is that I can’t disengage the clutch all the way. I can shift through all gears with and without clutch (bike is being rewired and can’t be started yet).

I’ll have to try and shorten the pull distance so that the worm gear rotates out further and the rod pushes the clutch out furthers.

Sorry i can't be of assistance..........I don't think there is any info on here about these.......... I didn't think Hugh sold these any more

I used one of these on that restomod I built a couple years ago. I had to bleed the slave cyl above the level of the MC and reservoir. Seems to work ok but it pulls harder than the easy-pull cable on my other bike. I see no advantage.:shrug:
XS`s 015-002.JPG

Sorry i can't be of assistance..........I don't think there is any info on here about these.......... I didn't think Hugh sold these any more
IIRC He gave up on them due to poor quality chinese parts. I got one or two in the bins but have never been tempted to try one. Today on madness first run in 5 months, a hopped up 750 with 8 plate clutch and barnett springs easy to find neutral at a stop and holds full throttle runs to redline with easy to me clutch pull. Sweat the details and the cable/worm works fine.

Back