I don't know what style it fits into other than my own, so I just call it "Mjölnir"

I really like this bike. Its simple and effective. Very cool. If i wasnt half way through my build i would opt for something similar.

I also like the seat. I would just have it re-made professionally. Perhaps just re-upholster your existing pan. A SMALL rear fender might look cool, but the minimalism is what makes it imo.

:thumbsup:

I know what you're sayin...dude I got 7 bikes i'm building right now... lol some things just need to be done right

I just found your build thread and it is very similar to the style I have decided on going with. I really like the box you made to hide the wiring and may have to do something similar to that myself. Thanks for posting your work.

Posted via Mobile

Long time no see. I've been updating a lot on Mjölnir lately. I'll be ready to show it off soon, but for now here's me trimming the new seatpan I made. This was the first time I've ever tried using fiberglass for anything, and I'm soooo psyched on how it came out. More soon...

vG4ADJA.jpg

- - - here's me trimming the new seatpan I made. This was the first time I've ever tried using fiberglass for anything, and I'm soooo psyched on how it came out. More soon...

Hi nutt,
good to see you are ATGATT for the FRP, not everyone appreciates how toxic that stuff is, both the fumes when you lay it up and the dust when you sand it.
Next time, add ear defenders for the angle grinder and wear a tyvek suit.

I like your bike a lot. Would it be possible to swap sides on the fork tubes to put the caliper behind the fork?

Nice - the X1 is a nifty little camera. Great for street photog.
I usually shoot with a 5D Mkii, and its great for commercial stuff, but I always found myself carrying a little 35mm Olympus Stylus Epic in my pocket most places instead of my DSLR setup. I bought the x100s in hopes it would be the digital equivalent of my favorite film camera, and so far have not been disappointed. I love it.

Hi nutt,
good to see you are ATGATT for the FRP, not everyone appreciates how toxic that stuff is, both the fumes when you lay it up and the dust when you sand it.
Next time, add ear defenders for the angle grinder and wear a tyvek suit.
Haha, thanks. I was really proud of myself for gearing up (even had long-cuff rubber gloves under my long-sleeve shirt and leather gloves), but I ALWAYS forget ear protection for some reason. My only previous experience with fiberglass was helping my dad in the attic as a kid and touching insulation before he could stop me. I didn't want to relive that itchiness.

I like your bike a lot. Would it be possible to swap sides on the fork tubes to put the caliper behind the fork?
I have a set of 35mm forks I'm going to swap out the XS2 forks for. Mainly because the stock brake/disc setup is soooo wonky on XS2 forks.

I was going to wait and update this until after I had wrapped/finished the new seat, but I had to work on my truck all weekend and didn't make any progress on this unfortunately.

I didn't document every single step, so this won't be a "how-to" but here's a handful of photos that I managed to remember to pause work for and snap:

gyJXxKx.jpg

So much tape

P92VyFd.jpg

Even with wax between the tape and fiberglass, it was really stuck

EjGY6zB.jpg

owfLHcv.jpg

i97TDa8.jpg

It was 97° in Austin yesterday. Way too hot for all of this "safety" bullshit.

1CC0Yrp.jpg

...but I didn't want to be itchy, so I sweat it out through trimming and fine tuning.

BaG9C3y.jpg

7f02x4q.jpg

I spent a lot of time getting these curves symmetrical, even though you won't be able to see them once this is wrapped in vinyl.

Fabbed up a new battery box and got it welded in over the weekend. Its cleaner, has extra space for tools or my camera, and I'm marginally better at welding now so its not as much of a disaster as the first one. As soon as the paint dries I can reassemble and ride.

Yhnl4Ic.jpg

hB238sL.jpg

Fabbed up a new battery box and got it welded in over the weekend. Its cleaner, has extra space for tools or my camera, and I'm marginally better at welding now so its not as much of a disaster as the first one. As soon as the paint dries I can reassemble and ride.

Hi nutt,
remember the amateur welder's mantra:-
Length replaces strength
And I had no idea that the FTW Corp. built MIG welding machines; do they have a Canadian outlet?

I've done some new stuff to Mjölnir, but more importantly I took advantage of some spare time over the holidays and gave my little shop a much needed facelift.

- Emptied it out of the shop and started from scratch
- Patched the concrete chasm that originally gave my bike its name
- Rewired the shop with fresh romex and placed -at least- one 4-block outlet on each wall
- Added an additional florescent fixture both inside and outside
- New shelving along the entire left wall
- Tools organized and in a new box/chest
- Built myself a more respectable work/weld bench from scratch

I'm so fucking hyped on all of the room for activities.

Attachments

• shop-v2.jpg
    shop-v2.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 254
Good plan Nutt, I'm way overdue for a shop cleaning, don't you know? Where does all this stuff come from?????

Back