I have an unusual request for help - medically related

Downeaster

Everything in XS
Top Contributor
Reaction score
I'm fine. Well as fine as a 71 year old white male can expect to be.

It's my daughters. Both have cancer. Older one (by a bit over a year) has thyroid cancer. It's being managed but there is still a long way to go.

Younger one just found out she has breast cancer and it's a particularly nasty variety with a genetic pre-disposition to spreading. Early days, with early detection but the prognosis is surgery and extensive chemo at the very least.

What I'm asking for is prayers if you're inclined that way or Good Karma, or just thinking of us.

Thanks.

You got it!

Do some research on metabolic cancer treatment. I'm not suggesting you don't go with the oncologist. Be aware that cancer can only feed on sugar and glutamine. Deny the sugar and fast as able. There are several things we can eat that are anti-cancer. We are not powerless!

I'm fine. Well as fine as a 71 year old white male can expect to be.

It's my daughters. Both have cancer. Older one (by a bit over a year) has thyroid cancer. It's being managed but there is still a long way to go.

Younger one just found out she has breast cancer and it's a particularly nasty variety with a genetic pre-disposition to spreading. Early days, with early detection but the prognosis is surgery and extensive chemo at the very least.

What I'm asking for is prayers if you're inclined that way or Good Karma, or just thinking of us.

Thanks.

Prayers willingly given. Hope and positivity go a long way. As does appropriate humour and empathy when the time allows. I wish you and your family the strength to overcome.
A.

DE,

I'll keep them in my prayers. Cancer has been prevalent in both my family, and my wife's. I myself am a cancer survivor. Take some consolation in the fact that it's not the death sentence it used to be, as long as they maintain the attitude that they have cancer, cancer doesn't have them. All my best wishes.

Tebo

Sending positive thoughts and best wishes. My father has been living with stage 4 cancer for over 10 years now. No Chemo but he does a similar immunotherapy that has done remarkably well. Keep those girls in a positive mindset. It will go a long way just staying mentally positive.

Thanks everyone.

I've been in touch with a pro with beaucoup experience in the field and the outlook is not quite as dire as originally indicated. Very serious, but medicine has come a LONG way even in just the last few years. Part of the problem is that her Primary Care Physician is a newb and just dropped the bomb on her via a phone call and used scary words.

Thanks everyone.

I've been in touch with a pro with beaucoup experience in the field and the outlook is not quite as dire as originally indicated. Very serious, but medicine has come a LONG way even in just the last few years. Part of the problem is that her Primary Care Physician is a newb and just dropped the bomb on her via a phone call and used scary words.

Good news to hear. Lets continue to hope & pray that continues to benefit.
Two of my close friends were diagnosed last year; but with excellent care and, all be it difficult medicinal procedures, they have both had the all clear.
Strength to you all.

Last edited:
Back