i think i killed my pamco

schlakeandbake308

XS650 Addict
Reaction score
i have the 277 pamco kit and heres my situation.

Ran great for well over a year. started running a little dogged for a day or two. i checked timing and reset everything to no avail. a few weeks later it was running really poorly and eventually quit. I put the bike back and started to strip it down to figure out what had happened.

I found the black wire from the pamco wire to the coil on the pass side of the bike had gotten positioned at the edge of the top motor mount and vibrations had been sawing it in half. eventually, that wire broke. i corrected the wiring issues and rerouted everything but still no spark. I'm probably dead aren't i?

Check the green circuit board on your ignition. When I burned mine up part of the board turned black where it burnt it.

Check out the procedure for testing the Pamco and a coil. It is from the Pamco website.
http://www.yamahaxs650.com/testing_the_pamco_and_coil.htm

The electronics are sensitive and any of the wires being severed while in operation could potentially damage the system. Worst case if you buy a new plate from PamcoPete. Or if you're really up for it you could source a new transistor and try and replace it yourself.

Back