I WAS WONDERING

Hello UK XS650 fans. Are there really that few of us ?

Welcome Adrian .....I think there may be more of us than you think but most just lurk ;) what part of the UK you in ?

Funky !.....where you bin buddy ? haven't heard from you for a while . :)

Yes peanut I have been caring for my mother she passed away on the 11th Jan has been unwell for about 3 years ....life goes on and all that lost touch with most things but getting back in the swing of things
very sorry to hear that Funky it seems that everyone I know is caring for an elderly or sick relative at the moment.
I cared for my Dad for 8 years as you know and he passed away back in Nov 2016. Now we are caring for my partners Mum.

Its strange how being stuck in the house 24/7 for years has a very profound emotional and psychological effect on some of us. I now find it difficult to leave the house having spent nearly 10 years making a life for myself in the house .

Hope you are still riding that gorgeous bike . Take care of yourself bud and keep in touch .
all the best Johnny

Well we can only blame the current crisi in social care and the NHS whom i work for people are suffering because the coverment for the last 9 years have stripped our services to the bone . I kept my mum home for as long as i could .it was very difficult but i hope i did right by her god bless her soul .

One more here, up in Yorkshire. Been a lurkio myself for about 6 months, there must be a lot more people watching these forums from the U.K. but not registered. There seems to be a lot xs650’s been imported judging by the evil bay ads.....

Welcome Adrian .....I think there may be more of us than you think but most just lurk ;) what part of the UK you in ?

Funky !.....where you bin buddy ? haven't heard from you for a while . :)

Hello, down on the South Coast just north of Portsmouth

One more here, up in Yorkshire. Been a lurkio myself for about 6 months, there must be a lot more people watching these forums from the U.K. but not registered. There seems to be a lot xs650’s been imported judging by the evil bay ads.....

Hi Chish n Fips lots of XS650 up there in Yorkshire ...mind you you have some fantastic roads up there.

Prices for bikes and parts are getting to silly levels this past couple of years.
Unfortunately the result of that is lots of bikes get bought up to strip and sell for parts because you can make a tidy profit in the long term. This then makes certain models scarce which puts the price up to levels where kids cannot afford to get a foot on the ladder to classic bike ownership. More bikes get left in the garage because they are to valuable for general hacking about and so it goes on.

Shove a piccy up of your bike when you get a chance

Hello, down on the South Coast just north of Portsmouth
Hi nice part of the World Portsmouth. I'm hoping one day that we can have a South West meetup at one of the Classic bike shows maybe . lets see a piccy of your steed Adrian:)

[QUOTE="peanut, post: 579903, member: 11634". I'm hoping one day that we can have a South West meetup at one of the Classic bike shows maybe .[/QUOTE]
There's the Bristol Classic that was supposed to be last weekend but was postponed due to crap weather that is now on the 23rd and 24th Feb... at Shepton Mallett...

yes Shepton Mallet shows are a great venue for the South West and they have several events throughout the year but I'd prefer to ride in warm dry weather to be honest ,in the Spring maybe. No fun riding in the cold and rain and spending the day getting soaked and the parking is often on grass too.:(

Theres always the Haynes Motor Museum at Sparkford too . They have a bikers Sunday all day breakfast once a month and thats quite popular.

It's in weather like this I'm glad I also have a car. I was going and now will be going to Shepton Mallet - on the good side I used this weekend to sort out my new LED tail light and indicators
Still got plenty more jobs to do ....
See you in Shepton in a few weeks' time?

It's in weather like this I'm glad I also have a car. I was going and now will be going to Shepton Mallet - on the good side I used this weekend to sort out my new LED tail light and indicators
Still got plenty more jobs to do ....
See you in Shepton in a few weeks' time?
I might if I can get the car . The Missus has our only road legal car a the moment. I only get the car occasionally for Doctor and Hospital appointments :(

Tell me more about the LED rear light and indicators its a job i've been wanting to do for years. What parts did you use ?
At the moment I am gathering all the bits to construct some forward controls which I've also been dreaming of for several years. So much to do ....so little time :bike:
Johnny

Hi Chish n Fips lots of XS650 up there in Yorkshire ...mind you you have some fantastic roads up there.

Prices for bikes and parts are getting to silly levels this past couple of years.
Unfortunately the result of that is lots of bikes get bought up to strip and sell for parts because you can make a tidy profit in the long term. This then makes certain models scarce which puts the price up to levels where kids cannot afford to get a foot on the ladder to classic bike ownership. More bikes get left in the garage because they are to valuable for general hacking about and so it goes on.

Shove a piccy up of your bike when you get a chance

Hi peanut, Yes lots of fantastic roads, shame so many are full of potholes at the moment.

When I get the wheels back on I’ll get it out of the shed and take some pics.

I’m down in Exmouth, desperately trying to get my old girl ready for the summer.
7F33747F-43D9-47B2-A215-0B263F51181F.jpeg

Daniel.

Hi Daniel good to hear from you .
Beautiful part of the World you live in, we often take mini breaks down your way .

Your bike looks pretty much together ...what do you still have left to do ?

Hi Daniel good to hear from you .
Beautiful part of the World you live in, we often take mini breaks down your way .

Your bike looks pretty much together ...what do you still have left to do ?

It is a beautiful part of the country, I grew up in the Midlands so I have a real love and appreciation for the South West.

Well, she’s kind of gone backwards since then. I’m doing a cafe racer influenced build whilst using bits and pieces from a 5EB R6 (forks, bars, fuel cap, feet and hand controls)

I’m working on relocating the electronics and fitting RD400 wheels in town for the summer.

Back