I WAS WONDERING

Cassington was a great night out, well worth a ride over, only one other XS spotted. Loads of bikes old and new, great atmosphere well organised and the local beer and chips were good too. :cheers:

Those pics in the water in front of the arch are awesome!

Wow! Gary was right about that. That photo is crazy good! If you would, could you tell me what was going on in that photo? Was water crossing a road or something?
Your bike is very nice looking!

Cassington was a great night out, well worth a ride over, only one other XS spotted. Loads of bikes old and new, great atmosphere well organised and the local beer and chips were good too. :cheers:

sod the bikes .......how was the beer and chips lol:D

Did you take any pics at Cassington ? I mean of the bikes not the beer and chips :laugh2:

Mailman. The water runs across the road the arches are the old foot bridge.
Sometimes shallow and slow at other times a bit deeper and faster. Just before we took photo a nice lady in a car gave us a quick splash, grrrr.

Peanut.
Sorry to busy watching and drinking it all in. No pics. It may be online if you search. Just too many bikes.

As it says, getting there.Next job done, wire wheels, and what a difference. I've even worked out how to post a full size picture and add text. Just not sure if it's posted in the right place.
IMG_3709.JPG

Took the old girl out to the Chops n Props gathering at Shuttleworth museum. Great weather loads of bikes a very well run and organised event.
As usual I forgot to take any pics, so many thanks to Bosuns Bikes for taking this great pic.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

I'm new on the forum and didn't realise there was a section for us UK owners. I posted an introduction thread elsewhere on the froums which has been responded to by our friends over the pond. Anyways, Hi. Btw, it surprises me that there aren't so many XS650 owners around. Must admit though, I'm up near Lancaster in Lancashire and I guess I don't really see many other XS650's in this neck of the world. Strange. I recently imported one from a mate in Brisbane, Oz. Its a 270 degree rephased 750cc big bore engine that's nly done 3 miles, so still got to run it in yet. It's been custom built as a street scrambler, though I'm currently having the seat recovered and new 2 into 2 stainless hi-rise reverse cone zorsts made, to add to the scrambler look.

Out of interest, what's this Gentlemern's Ride you keep referring to? Unless I'm wrong, there aren't many club rides round my neck of the woods, or none I'm aware of at least.

Welcome, Mannyroad. The UK section doesn't get used much as you'll see from the dates on the posts, we just tend to muck in with everyone else!
Sounds like you've got yourself an interesting beast and don't forget to show us some pics. We like pics. And I think the reference is to the Distinguished Gentlemens' Ride, about which I know little but Google will, I'm sure, tell you plenty.

I don't see many XS650s in my neck of the woods either. They seem to be in hiding, much of the time, more's the pity.

nearside.jpg
offside.jpg

The bike has a TRX850 front end, a SR500 tank, SR500 seat (currently changing to chocolate brown nubuck leather), Motolanna aluminium swingarm, Motolanna stainless front mudguard and Mikuni 34mm carbs. As mentioned the engine is a high comp 750cc rephased 270 degree motor with high lift longer open cam, PMA and Probe electronic ignition. It's that new (to me) that I haven't got around to starting it yet and have just fixed the starter bendix fault (wouldn't engage or remain engaged) by fitting the MikesXS upgrade parts and re-tensioning the friction grip to 6lb force, as advised elsewhere on the forums. While I'm waiting for the bike to be registered with DVLA I'm having some new headlight brackets machined up from billet ally, so as to fit a new 7" black LED headlight. So, that's the bike. Just waiting for my V5 then I can get some plates and gve it its first run out.

Probably not, I'm a tight arse :laugh:. Mates of mine run SuperUnleaded but I've never really been convinced on the benefits. Rather keep the 50p a gallon in my pocket for a brew up the road. Still get there just as fast on Regular. :lmao:

Yeah, I love the tank colours too. When the bike was shipped over, the numpties who loaded the bike in Oz (into a shared container, so not crated up) thought it a good idea to throw a ratchet strap over the tank!! Needless to say when I got the bike there was a sizeable crush dent in the top of the tank. Gutted I was. Anyways, sent it over to the Dent Smith in Chorley, for paintless dent removal. He did it that very day and I picked it up the following morning. Can't get better service than that, and it was perfect, no trace of the dent. I paint bikes, so am very fussy when it comes to paintwork. Thought I was going to have to repaint the candy red, which wasn't an issue but the paintless method is the way to go if you can.

Last edited:
I mentioned the Super unleaded because the engine is high compression. If you run Regular unleaded be sure to listen out for any sign of knocking. If this happens you may need to retard the timing a bit to keep running on Regular. Nice bike and hope you have loads of fun.

Back