Ignition gremlin

ExtraRegularGuy

XS650 Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm headin down the highway and all of a sudden the bike loses power, lights go out, and I'm slowing down. Like a dummy I didn't have tools with me, so there wasn't much I could've done anyway. I pulled into a parking lot after coasting about 1/4 mile, and had hell starting the bike back up. It ran, and still does run like doo doo. All it'll do is idle around 600 faring and popping, once you give it gas it'll shit the bed. I checked the coil and I've got 3 ohms on the primary and 15k on the secondary plus my 5k caps. Checked my reg/Rec and it's good, checked my stator (PMA) and it's also good. Side note, it's has 1.3 ohms between each of its phases. Apparently that's the spec on the Suzuki vs800. Checked all my connections and they are good. I even went to the length and checked my lash and verofied that the cam hasnt jumoed a tooth. What happened, which I think caused a mess, was the lead to my headlight switch came loose and contacted my wiring box, and I think that toastedy capacitor, but idk. If I had a battery I would just test it real quick. Any way, anyone have any thoughts on what could be going on?

Back