Ignition switch help

Cafe Murdock

Murdock
Reaction score
Hey ive ive 79 xs650 with a slightly altered stock wire harness i rode to work then wen i went to leave my bike wouldnt start no tail light and no starter nothing but wen i turn the key through its rotation half way through my tail light would cum on then go bak out i replaced the ignition switch and as long as its no bolted on the tree i can kick start it n itll run just fine but since all this happened i lost my electric start and cant cet it bak im stumped on the matter so any thoughts would be greatly appreciated thanks murdock

Could be a ground issue on the electric start. check ground wires in the headlight bucket? Still a stock ignition switch or something else now?
Too be honest your post is kind of confusing.

Yea its a brand new stock switch and harness but ive deleted my speedo n tach and indicators n all that stuff turn signals everything i only have head n tail lights

Yea its a brand new stock switch and harness but ive deleted my speedo n tach and indicators n all that stuff turn signals everything i only have head n tail lights

well it shouldn't be too difficult to use a multimeter and track down what is causing the issue if you only have such a basic system ;)
Don't assume that your ignition switch is not at fault because it is new ... you should test that too

Back