Wanted - Ignition switch with key

Plan on overhauling any stock ignition switch, the contacts are normally pretty dirty, corroded down inside.

What year is your bike? Standard or special?

Well, most of the wiring is a 78 , but the engine is an 81, with a TCI. I'm getting a voltage drop and since the most likely culprit is the ignition , I want to get one that will work well. I'm using some random Harley one that was on the bike when I got it. Just trying to fix my over charging problem.

Well, most of the wiring is a 78 , but the engine is an 81, with a TCI. I'm getting a voltage drop and since the most likely culprit is the ignition , I want to get one that will work well. I'm using some random Harley one that was on the bike when I got it. Just trying to fix my over charging problem.
Odds are a "good" ignition switch will make overcharging worse. :unsure: Mis wired or defective regulator are common overcharging issues. Prolly can strip clean the harley switch also.

Odds are a "good" ignition switch will make overcharging worse. :unsure: Mis wired or defective regulator are common overcharging issues. Prolly can strip clean the harley switch also.
I'm using the fiat regulator mod. So it's all pretty modern I'm getting as high as 15 volts going into the battery and it's starting to make my lithium battery swell.

Back