Ignition wiring to new fuse block

wjbarber

XS650 Beginner
Reaction score
I've finished just about everything else on my rebuild but left the scariest bit to the end like a lot of people - so on with the wiring. Going with a Boyer Bransden, kick only and a decent small battery. I did the boyer and coils fairly easily, got as far as connecting the ignition switch to my fuse block which has 4 spade terminals, and fuses.

The problem is my wiring diagram says connect the ignition brown wire to 3 of the spades which i'm using for the headlights, signals, etc (forgotten the what the other wire was for) - how do i connect 1 wire to 3 spade terminals? :doh: Something that's obviously safe and waterproof and without splitting the wire or is that the only way?

How have you guys done it please?

Attachments

• fuse block.JPG
    fuse block.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 258
Hi wjbarber,
use whatever way you are attaching the other spade connectors to attach a connector to the brown wire and another short wire.
T'other end of the short wire gets a connector and a second short wire.
The third connector goes on t'other end of the second short wire.
If you are careful with a sharp knife you can bare the insulation without cutting the conductor and bend the conductor into a closed U-shape to shove it in double into the connectors.

Hi wjbarber,
no problem. I well remember my first look at my XS650's horsecock-sized main wiring loom and feeling my mind freeze over at it's maniac complexity.
All them effin' wires!
While my BSA B25 only needed seven wires (OK, ten if you wanted signals) to run.

wasn't sure if I'd end up reusing mine at the time of stripping it down and the prospect of shoving all that wire back inside the headlight bowl I couldn't bear to think about. This loom is simple as!

Back