Ignition

Leslie

XS650 Junkie
XS650.com Supporter
Reaction score
Lads it is decision time on my flat tracker build :-\

I am keeping the TCi/CDi unit set up on my 1980G tracker I am going to change the coil the leads the plug caps and the Regulator/rectifier.

They do a high output option for the coils any opinions on standard or high output Item Number #17-6803 on the Heiden Tuning website

Also the spark plugs any recommendations and the Reg/Rec options

Leslie

Whatever you choose, I would pick one with separate plug wires so you could change them in the future if you needed or wanted to. I think some of those coils, maybe the standard one, have the plug wires molded in and they can't be changed.

I guess, I mean the wires that run to and connect to the spark plugs. Personally, I like the option to use colored plug wires, black ones are just so drab .....

PamcoIggy3.jpg

I also recently acquired a set of red caps. I had to order them from your country as NGK only sells the black ones here .....

RedLB05.jpg

I guess, I mean the wires that run to and connect to the spark plugs. Personally, I like the option to use colored plug wires, black ones are just so drab .....

PamcoIggy3.jpg

I also recently acquired a set of red caps. I had to order them from your country as NGK only sells the black ones here .....

RedLB05.jpg

Dennis Kirk shows a right angle molded red rubber 5,000 ohm on NGK cap on their website

Back