I'm Back

LPrince

Riding Since The '50s
Reaction score
I let my Bro-In-Law have my XS650 Special eleven years ago when I bought a VStar. I got my XS650 back last night. She's not been well taken care of, there's my understatement of the year :banghead:

Welcome. Always good to get it back. Hope he didn't fuck it up too bad. What are your plans for it and what year is it? Since your older at least it will not get the saws all treatment. Lots of old dudes here still riding and willing to help you get it back on the road if you need it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the welcome!!
I did not take pictures of the dirt, rust and the weeds growing on the bike before I gave it a proper cleaning. After working on the front brake 'til dark I rolled her into the garage. I'll take pictures later but here are some. The one by the rail fence was taken by the man I bought it from, the other is my g-kid perched up behind me and ready to ride around and around the house.

Attachments

• 650 Yam 1.jpg
    650 Yam 1.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Motorcycle(2) (1).jpg
    Motorcycle(2) (1).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 111
Looks like the bike is in good shape cleaned up. I have two grandkids. Twin girls now age 6. I will have them till school starts. Have fun with the bike and the little one.

The 1st pic was taken about 1999 just before I bought it. In the 2nd picture the baby on back was about 5 when the pic was taken, she's a 15 year old young woman now (and black belt martial arts). She is just one of 8 G-Kids :<))

I bought my 2002 Vstar new and gave the XS650 to Bro-In-Law. Shoulda either kept it or sold it to someone who would have taken care of it.

At the time he got it from me it was in perfect mechanical condition and fair to good cosmetically. When he tied it down in his truck to bring it home he positioned the tie down buckle/ratchet ON the seat, yep, cut in the seat now.

I broke the left side cover pulling it off, dried out in the sun I suppose, oh well.

Okay, I'm finished bitchin' about Bro-In-Law, too much else to do :)

anybody who wud let a fine bike like that set outside dont deserve a bike at all!let alone a xs 650! ive had a lot of bikes of different kinds and i rarely if ever let them sit outside overnite.even my parts bikes sit inside the barn.ive spent much time and money to make sure none of my iron is subject to the weather.

you can pick your frens but you cant pick your relatives!

Back