In praise of the Coleman rain suit....

xjwmx

XS650 Guru
Top Contributor
Reaction score
A couple of months ago near Downpour, Missouri I bought a Coleman rain suit at Walmart. It is worth the money! I think the bottoms are about $16 and the top is $20-something. They have several rain suits there, but these are the ones that come in grey with red trim, or blue with gray trim. The bottom is either solid blue or solid gray to match. All super Walmarts seem to have them, in the camping or hunting section.

I've been having to ride to work 15 miles in the rain and they're keeping me dry. One caveat - get larger than normal pants, because while the over all length is fine in your regular size, the inseam is short which means they will ride high at the bottom when you're sitting in your saddle. You can store them in two tiny stuff sacks that come with them. Takes up no space.

By the way, also this thing is windproof material, and seals around the cuffs, so it makes a toasty top layer in dry weather too. It breaks the wind. I mean that in the nicest possible way.

This is good to know, thanks. I try not to ride in the rain, but this might be a handy item to have handy in the other vehicles in case of need.

TC

Back