In search of black Kick starter

Powder coat the one you have. Not hard to do. Some places have sample packs or find some one on here that PC's and see if they might send you a enough to do your lever.
A large zip lock bag, pour in the powder, add the parts, shake. Put in toaster even to cook.
Leo

Powder coat the one you have. Not hard to do. Some places have sample packs or find some one on here that PC's and see if they might send you a enough to do your lever.
A large zip lock bag, pour in the powder, add the parts, shake. Put in toaster even to cook.
Leo
uhhhhhhh that’s not how powdercoat works, sir.

uhhhhhhh that’s not how powdercoat works, sir.
I was kind of wondering about that suggested process.

I have a cheapy home done kit, actually it was given to me by a guy at work. It has a static coil of some kind that charges the powder so it sort of sticks to the metal part and then you heat it in an oven. Find it hard to believe doing it like "Shake-n-bake" chicken would work and not sure you could get it out of the bag without rubbing it off in spots.

Plus I would think that to get even a close to good adhesion on a chrome plated part you would need to maybe glass bead the part to take the shine off to give the powder coat something to bite on.

I had a thread on here about using my Harbor freight powder coater and an old toaster oven. I bought powder online and it was really cheap. I love playing with that thing. Just a good quick sanding and a wipe down with denatured alcohol. The powder adheres really well using the machine and I’ve done all kinds of things with it. Just remove any rubber parts and wrap what you don’t want coated with a piece of aluminum foil.i stick a small wad down in any threads. Comes right out.

So now how do I get that melted plastic bag off my kick start lever?
Otherwise this is worth 5 Ichiban stickers!
ichiban.jpg

i got curious and it turns out some people are powder coating cast bullets shake n bake style in order to not use case lube in their reloading efforts, presumably so their dies don’t get all clogged up.

i can see that working on some small bullets to add a really thin and inconsistent layer, but something like a kickstand, ahhhhh hell why am i even typing this?!?

Leo

A toaster gets hot enough and long enough to provide desired results?

My little cheapy will do 450. Works great as long as you pre-heat. I think it was about $15

Attachments

• 031908D8-14F6-4E27-840A-FB8484F3409D.jpeg
    031908D8-14F6-4E27-840A-FB8484F3409D.jpeg
    160.9 KB · Views: 141
  • 537E6C8E-D4DE-4842-85C7-EDAC8C2678E8.jpeg
    537E6C8E-D4DE-4842-85C7-EDAC8C2678E8.jpeg
    158.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 99AFD1C1-9265-44EC-A3C7-11E4F963C153.jpeg
    99AFD1C1-9265-44EC-A3C7-11E4F963C153.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 161
Norton7d I just use the Harbor freight gun. I buy the powder online and it works awesome

Back