info about possible 73' tx 650 colors

Mike Ellis

XS650 Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I am trying to find out if the 1973 TX 650 had a green color in other countries. I can't find the article now but read that there was a green offered outside the US in 73. I am starting a restoration on a 73 and saw a picture of a 74 painted a beautiful green but has the 73 gold and white sticker kit on it. If there was such a color I may change from the flake blue to the green , but don't want to devalue it with a non authentic color. The flake blue is such a pain to duplicate. Also,has anyone been able to find factory pictures of all the years of 650s',tried to contact Yamaha but they don't seem to care and didn't make any attempt to help. You would think they would since a lot of us are preserving their heritage.
Thanks, Mike Ellis
ellismotorcycles.com

Check out my albums. There is an ID album with a lot of Yamaha brochures for just about every model from 70 - 82.

74 TXA had Vagas Green as a colour. Has a Tank in the top right corner

full

Thanks you guys, I never saw a green 73 either,i'll gut it out and leave it blue. Who knows,i may have to keep this one when it's done. It would be nice to have a bone stock one in the fleet anyway. Anyone have a new projects in the works,would love to see what you all are working on.
Later, Mike

Back