Inside rust removal

squares5

squares5
Reaction score
I'm getting close to getting my rebuild running. I bring my fuel tank down from the top shelf where it's been forever. It full of rust. Spotless when I put it there 1( years ago. Victim of forget and neglect. How do I clean it? Or do I replace the tank?:wtf:

Hello fellow Ontarian;
Check search feature for rust removal, many threads there, I was partial to the idea of electrolysis and actually did 2 tanks that way, turned out fine, but not quite as magical as I had hoped. Then tried soaking in vinegar and was amazed. Remove the petcocks, plug with blank off plates, by 16 litres of vinegar at SuperCentre ($10 -$12), let it sit for a few days and rinse out.

I have always used Evapo-rust. Just fill the tank and let it sit for a few days. Removes the rust and leaves a phosphorus coating to help inhibit new rust from forming.

ive had good results wit evap-o-rust . fill er up, let it sit for a week. slosh in the morning , slosh before bed.

I had a tank that I thought was too far gone to use. Did the electrolysis thing for a few days and followed up with evapo-rust. Looks brand, spanking new on the inside now.

Back