Installing Counter Balance Cycles Tracker/Brat Style Seat on stock bike? Anyone?

Thanks figure8. I did exchange a couple of email with Counter Balance and I did get some direction. I was just checking the waters and seeing if there was someone on the forums who had experience with this. Newly acquired XS650 and there are 275 bucks burning a hole in my wallet...

The one person I can think of off the top who has that seat is member jaymichael, shoot him a pm and see what he has to say. He did a build thread you could look over, I don't remember if he details installing the seat though.

I just did one on my build, there's definitely some tabs/welding required and some sanding on the rear hoop to clean it up.

http://www.xs650.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40426

Thanks for the input Fox23. Are the threaded bungs the seat comes with on the flat part of the seat or the part htat curves up?

The stock Hertiage Special seat is just "a lot of seat" for me and I'd really like to add this seat. I can grind off brackets no problem and finding a guy to weld tabs is very manageable too - just trying to determine if it will fit "over" whatever stock components are there. Hope this makes sense.

Posted via Mobile

Your stock fender will need modified or replaced. The arch of the fender protrudes above the frame rails that the seat sits on. I've been working on a solution for this myself but have yet to create a solution I am happy with. I will say his seats are top notch quality though!

Thanks for the input Fox23. Are the threaded bungs the seat comes with on the flat part of the seat or the part htat curves up?

The stock Hertiage Special seat is just "a lot of seat" for me and I'd really like to add this seat. I can grind off brackets no problem and finding a guy to weld tabs is very manageable too - just trying to determine if it will fit "over" whatever stock components are there. Hope this makes sense.

Posted via Mobile

The threaded bungs are in the flat part. You'll need to add tabs here, and potentially modify the cross bar at the front of the seat that it hooks under. And as Willis said, you'll have to decide what to do with the rear fender. I ditched mine and built a flat plate to line the underside of the seat to protect it from debris.

B4022613-B8CB-4135-BD87-5DBACCC100DC_zpsimjbnong.jpg

Way back I was gonna run a similar seat I just cut the hump outta the fender where it would interfere then just weld some flat metal into to protect the seat....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456855720.504067.jpg

Back