Intro, xs650 1977

emanoN

XS650 New Member
Reaction score
Hey,
Finally bought my 1977 xs650. I have a bobber project in mind, but I'm a novice so I hope you guys will help me :)
Live close to Montreal, QC it's still cold here (52F!).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 147
You have your classic, now find a Special to bob!
Welcome aboard! If you do decide to cut and modify that beaute, put the parts and pieces up for sale in the classifieds.......I sure could use a nice '77 tank.........

I'll do! But I'm going to ride it as is for the summer and start the modifications during the winter. It'll give me time to think about what I really want to do with it. I first would like to upgrade the front brakes, nothing wrong with it but I'd like it to be more efficient. Any advice on that?
Also, why would you recommend to take a special to bob and not a classic? What's the difference? Sorry for my ignorance, I'm new in the xs650 world :)

Well, IMHO the Specials were Yamaha's attempt of giving the bike a bobbed look , so to speak whereas the Standards maintain the classic look.......so.....bob a Special and keep the Standard as the classic it is. There may be some on the forum with regrets of bobbing a Standard. Haven't seen too many regrets on bobbing a Special, yet!

Back