introduction & barn find pics!

deadchef

xsbobblehead
Reaction score
hi all!

really excited to jump into this new hobby. been riding mostly sport bikes but ready to slow it down a little. always loved the bobber look and found the xs650 community. scoured craigslist and ebay for the past month and came across an 81 with 4k miles. it was in 'non running' condition. hadn't ran in two years. took a chance and paid a grand. got it home, hooked up a good battery, opened the petcock and it fired up like someone had it running yesterday. all the chrome is great, gauges are clean, no rips or scuffs in the seat. everything looks original. actually had an original yamaha security chain, two keys and title.

so yeah, pretty stoked about the find and look forward to choppin' her up!

chris

hopefully the pic works...
bike.jpg

Good for you man. I recently found one sitting since 1998, not in nearly the shape of yours, waiting to hear back on it.

Are you in Traverse City? I saw that on CL. I liked his ad, " now it won't start, don't have time to fix it". You gonna ride it as is this summer or get started on your project right away?

Are you in Traverse City? I saw that on CL. I liked his ad, " now it won't start, don't have time to fix it". You gonna ride it as is this summer or get started on your project right away?

actually up in petoskey. same ad though. the guy just seemed like he didn't want to piss with it anymore.

plan on riding all summer with minor mods. needs new tires and fluids flushed, but other than that everything else looks like how a 31 year old, 4k mile bike should look.

just sold my 07 sv650s this week. i will be using the proceeds to fund my new addiction! :bike:

photo.jpg

Back