Is it my turn? Anything to do with lathes, mills and other shop tools

After a couple hours of hand stones, PB blaster, and mineral spirits and then switched to an orange dico wheel in an electric drill also with mineral spirits. :thumbsup:
table saw.jpg

Runs good, ready for deck project (2).
$30 and about 6 hours LOL.

+1 on the Diablo blades. I use a mid-grade 10" on my table saw and cheapo throw-away 7.25's on my circular saws. Even the cheapos cut like a hot knife through butter, and at $10 a copy, I don't cry if I hit a nail or use them to cut metal roofing.

After a couple hours of hand stones, PB blaster, and mineral spirits and then switched to an orange dico wheel in an electric drill also with mineral spirits. :thumbsup:
View attachment 195443
@gggGary nice iron top saw, is that one of the Delta made Sears saws? Are you going to make a zero clearance insert for it?

Got the same saw.... belt instead of direct drive. Best blades I've ever used with it....

View attachment 195445

I second the Diablo blade, they're great blades, that's what I have on my left handed Milwaukee sidewinder, and my table saw.

View attachment 195443
Looks great! When you go to "recycle" it, you oughta be able to double your money, nice as that looks.

With no CL in the UK and second-hand tools being very expensive I decided about 10 years ago to build my own saw bench. The height dimension was deliberate to minimize storage space:

Saw.JPG

The safety guard is off for the photo. Underneath is fitted my 30 year old 1050W Black and Decker circular saw which will handle 2" timber easily. The blade height is adjustable from the circular saw.

With no CL in the UK and second-hand tools being very expensive I decided about 10 years ago to build my own saw bench. The height dimension was deliberate to minimize storage space:

View attachment 195481

The safety guard is off for the photo. Underneath is fitted my 30 year old 1050W Black and Decker circular saw which will handle 2" timber easily. The blade height is adjustable from the circular saw.
With current lumber prices in the US that looks like about a $6000 saw....

Simple little lathe project - Two new brass carburetor drain screws to replace the original steel screws that have started to rust a bit and are pitted:
Carb.JPG

Left - New brass
Right - Old steel

This is the order everything was done based on measurements taken from the original:
  1. 10mm brass rod was squared off and taken down to 5.9mm.
  2. Unthreaded section was taken down to 4mm and a 15 Degree taper cut on the end.
  3. The brass rod was removed and mounted in a drill chuck in the tail stock. An M6 thread die was placed in the lathe chuck. With the tail stock set to slide freely the thread was cut by rotating the lathe chuck by hand.
  4. The brass rod was then place in the lathe chuck and the screw parted off to length.
  5. The screwdriver slot was partially cut with a file to get it centered then finished with a hacksaw blade.
So why not just buy some new ones? These are for my Hitachi carburetors and parts are not easy to obtain.

Back